Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, happy owner of 2013 move up,owned for 6 months now requires 20,000 mile no 2 service .
I have been quoted £225 all in from a main dealer, this seems a bit steep , anyone got any guide prices, I am in East Central Scotland and keen to compare prices
Thanks
taihape
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
Does sound pricey, I've just had my second service done which consisted of an oil and filter change, cabin filter and a health check. I'm on a service plan but this really equates to a minor service which my dealer charge £125 for, its the 3rd service that includes more parts and time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,172 Posts
I am also on a three year service plan. Just recently had my 20000 mile service and although it is included in the plan my dealer issues an invoice to show what the charge would have been. The total invoice was for £135.78. That was for oil change and new oil filter, new pollen filter and 29 point visual inspection. Edited by: Beevee
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
Yeah I'd say taihape has been quoted about £100 over standard VW rates, I've just found a flyer that came through post with menu pricing for VW servicing, brakes, cambelts, etc.. £125 is standard price for a minor service so by adding the cabin filter £135 is about right.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So we do live in interesting times, thanks for the info, Western VW will be getting a 'phone call tomorrow morning , all info' useful so if anyone else has service prices please keep posting. I'll let you know how I get on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
You should try Specialist Cars in Kirkcaldy or Dunfermline , I was quoted £299 for a service on my golf from western but Specialist quoted £219 and you get a better service from them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Beevee said:
I am also on a three year service plan.
Could I ask when in the process you signed up for that, please?

I told them when I ordered it that I wanted it.
I've told them 2 or 3 times since via email that I want it. (ie each time I get a dealer email inviting me to sign up for their own and other things)

But we are not expecting delivery (and presumably final paperwork) until the new year.

For me capturing the 3yrs for £199 was a key part of the deal, hence reminding the dealer. So, should I be hassling them further now to sort that, or is it something for later?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,172 Posts
Hi Jelly. The three year service plan was discussed during the ordering process and was included in the order. Just the same as if you were adding options to the specification.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Thanks BeeVee - then I need to get back on to them then.

I did discuss it at the time of order, but am not sure if its on the form (am at work, form's at home)
I'll get that sorted. It may well be on the order, but certainly they are aware that we want it.


Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Rickenbacker said:
Yeah I'd say taihape has been quoted about £100 over standard VW rates, I've just found a flyer that came through post with menu pricing for VW servicing, brakes, cambelts, etc.. £125 is standard price for a minor service so by adding the cabin filter £135 is about right.
I mean You must to add the cabin filter + the fuel filter in the price of the second service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
juan37 said:
Rickenbacker said:
Yeah I'd say taihape has been quoted about £100 over standard VW rates, I've just found a flyer that came through post with menu pricing for VW servicing, brakes, cambelts, etc.. £125 is standard price for a minor service so by adding the cabin filter £135 is about right.
I mean You must to add the cabin filter + the fuel filter in the price of the second service.
fuel filter? I didn't get a new one on my 2nd service, or at least it wasn't ticked off in service book
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Beevee said:
Hi Jelly. The three year service plan was discussed during the ordering process and was included in the order. Just the same as if you were adding options to the specification.
The dealer got back to me and said "The fixed price service plans can be set up any time up to the day of
picking the car up. We usually do it on the day of pick up to make
things easier, so rest assured on that one. I can ensure it is organised
for you in advance however if you prefer."

So.. thats sorted then!


Thanks again for the headsup am glad I checked.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
VW service plans can be purchased for used cars too, I've recently bought one for our Golf which cost £535 for 3 services and 3 MOT's (2 minor, 1x minor) when broken down it was better value than an independent I priced up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
£225 for a number 2 service! They are robbers!!!
My 2.2 litre Honda accord costs less than that at the main dealer for the equivalent service.
It's only1000cc I presume!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Bob said:
£225 for a number 2 service! They are robbers!!!
My 2.2 litre Honda accord costs less than that at the main dealer for the equivalent service.
It's only1000cc I presume!
Here in my country, the Honda services are cheaper.

But they don't are better than the Volkswagen services, because in Honda they use semi-synthetic oil, and they don't change the air filter on all the services.
Volkswagen uses only 100% synthetic oil.

The Honda services are set every 10.000 km, when in Volkswagen are every 15.000 km for gasoline engines, and at 7.500 for diesel engines.

I made the first oil change on my UP at 7500 km in the Volkswagen service, because I wanted to made it (it was sugested as optional by the Volkswagen dealer), and the cost of it was the price of synthetic oil+air and oil filters, at a total price of 1.020 AR$ (about 100 USD).
The cost of the obligatory service at 15.000 km is set for all the Volkswagen services at 1.800 AR$ (about 180 USD).

Regards
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top