Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi this is my first post and hope someone can help, does any one no how you can take the service due message off the dash on my 12 plate up. thanks .

·
Registered
705 Posts
How many miles have you driven, as it shouldn't be there until you've covered at least a five-figure distance?

Nick

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
In my previous golf and polos I just pressed and held the mileage reset button, I'm guessing it'll be the same ??

·
Registered
677 Posts
There's a funny combination on the nobs you got to push! The annoying ding was ticking me off, so I took it to vw for its first service and they put it off!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes ,i want to do the sevice my self ,we have a vw parts suppier who does me trade, and iam a enginer so i no its done right ,first time , you see ive worked in a main dealers ,and it depends who you get half the time ,i new this guy who would say why bother check the gear oil on a newish car , just look if theres any leaks , if there in no leaks it must be ok , well dont think so , iv just took a 61 plate iveco in the dealers for a wine , there was no oil in the diff.

·
Registered
727 Posts
bry b said:
yes ,i want to do the sevice my self..

Good luck collecting on any warranty claims.

·
Registered
113 Posts
As long as you use genuine parts youre OK. Its up to VW to prove you didnt service it properly if they dont want to honour warranty.

·
Registered
217 Posts
These instructions to reset the service warning are for a Golf but might be worth giving a go.

Press and hold Tripmeter button on the RHS of the panel<br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; : rgb245, 245, 255;">Switch ignition ON<br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; : rgb245, 245, 255;">When information panel lights up, including the service spanner, press minute button on the clock on the LHS of the panel<br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; : rgb245, 245, 255;">Switch ignition OFF<br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; : rgb245, 245, 255;"><br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; : rgb245, 245, 255;">Spanner no longer lights up when ignition is turned on.

Do remember the service warning is there for a reason, and especially in a new car I would suggest doing the services. But as said, if you do it yourself properly with original parts, then these instructions might come handy.

Edited by: ZillUp

·
Registered
99 Posts
hI, i think you will find if you have the car serviced by someone independant to VW, you must ensure thatyou use approved VW parts and have a VAT receipt to show this. European law made this possible some years ago. This will ensure that your UP! meets all the requirements of VW and keeps the warranty intact...........especially if you have any warranty work in the future..

VW UP! 75BHP white 5 door tinted windows with spare wheel. bluemotion tech

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have had my up for about 6 months and have done around 8500 miles, it has started saying 'insp' where the mileage usually is when i switch the ignition on, i assumed this meant it needed the first service, is this right?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Does it no say 'insp' then alternate to '1500' or something similar? That is what my son's Polo does and counts down before coming up with a spanner at 10000 or whenever the service is due.

·
Registered
430 Posts
barryG said:
As long as you use genuine parts youre OK. Its up to VW to prove you didnt service it properly if they dont want to honour warranty.

It has to be carried out at a VAT registered garage

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
If you don't know how to reset the service indicator are you sure you know how to service your car correctly?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Mini_joe said:
I have had my up for about 6 months and have done around 8500 miles, it has started saying 'insp' where the mileage usually is when i switch the ignition on, i assumed this meant it needed the first service, is this right?
Maybe - random ups have wrongly coded service intervals and show 'insp' for no reason. Some people at German forums had the issue and I've had it too. Safest option, call your service center and ask (either it really needs the service or they'll fix/reprogram it at no cost).

Edited by: ptae2000e

·
Registered
52 Posts

This is what comes up, it dosent flash just stays on for about 30 seconds when i switch the igniton on and then goes back to showing the mileage.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i have booked it in for the service and they didnt tell me it didnt need it so i presume its right but its going to cost about £140 :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts