1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

My UP! is on its 10k/1 year schedule

Its had the 10k, Oil change service

Im aware that the next two are Interval Service & Inspection service.

Is anyone able to breakdown what additional work needs to be carried out on the Interval & Inspection.

I ask this as it wont be going back to VW for servicing as i work at a dealership and they will do the work for me, just have to buy the parts from VW

Thanks in advance
James

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi James,

it might be different in Germany and the UK ...

In Germany there are two reasons to go to a VW service ...
1. You have a "mobility warranty" as long as all services are made (like RAC). If the up! breaks down, it is brought to the next VW service station and you get an exchange car for three days for free ...
2. There might be some "hidden updates" made? New electronic updates or exchanging things for free which aren't even told to the customer.

My Lupo had always been serviced at a free garage and as I am ADAC member (like RAC in the UK) I never cared about troubles during a journey. I don't think a garage needs to be told what things to look after. Changing oil and filter(s), making it ready for autumn or winter (if you go there in September or later), looking after cables and mechanical things ...

I know that some updates have been made to the motor software during the last months. Don't know if every VW dealer does these updates (and if your car would get these updates?). I would go to the VW dealer as long as there is warranty. In case a warranty, you have less troubles. But then?! ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did anyone manage to supply you with a breakdown on the difference between the service levels?

I've tried to get this VW but to no avail!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got somewhere, i think..

Oil service - Is oil & oil filter
Interval service - Is oil , oil filter & pollen filter
Inspection service is - Oil, oil filter, pollen filter, air filter & spark plugs,

But it got confusing, After 3 yrs need a brake fluid change, then every 2 years.

What confused me was that she said i need Interval service next (had oil done last sept)
Then followed by Oil Service including the brake fluid, then the inspection service next.

book reads different, I am going to go with Oil Service, Interval Service, Inspection Service, So i get a main service every 30k, I do about 20k a year so wont be long lol! i am going to test the brake fluid on our checker at work and only change if it is showing signs of contamination, otherwise it does not need to be done

hope that helps, Slightly confusing

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
jayup said:
... But it got confusing, After 3 yrs need a brake fluid change, then every 2 years.
It's a German car ...
The first "TÃV" (technical check by law with the "TÃV badge", controlled by the police and on every German rear number plate) is after 3 years for a brand new car. After this first TÃV, the next TÃV is every 2 years (and not 3 years).

You can't make a 100% schedule as the question always is, what comes first, miles or date?
Oil has to be changed X km (miles) OR after one year (?). If you drive 30,000 miles a year it makes no sense to change the pollen filter according to the schedules ...

And my experience ...
Paper is one thing, garage is the other thing!
I think the oil in the antishocks of my 18 y.o. motorbike has never been changed???

Important is that you get the "serviced stamp" (for warrenty) and that you FEEL all right!
If you have problems with pollen, change the filter more often than written in the schedule!
If you have no more warrenty and drive 1,000 miles a year, change the oil every two years.

My Lupo had never been in a VW garage. I went to a garage nearby. I told them "to do what is neccessary; no matter if it costs a few Euros more".

As far as I remember, you should never add brake fluid but always change it (if there is not enough inside). A garage can test if the fluid is okay or not - and changes it. 10,000 miles or one year between Lancaster and Carlisle are totally different to 10,000 miles or one year in the city centre of London ...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Can anyone clarify the correct intervals for changing the following?

Oil and filter = 10K or 12 months.

Cabin filter = 20k or 24 months?

Air filter?

Spark plugs = 40k or 48 months?

Fuel filter = don't think there is one!

Timing belt = 130k?

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts