33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

i got some questions

spark plugs
- brand and type?
(Bosch no. donodonodono?)

oil capacity
how many liters fit in this micro machine?

which oil filter
any part number (Bosch no. donodonodono?)

which air filter
same as above (Bosch no. donodonodono?)

VW doesn't give us any information in these points. i really wanna know whats in there, without pulling everything apart. even if i would do so, i will only find VAG internal part numbers. what's actually the point that they don't give any of these informations in the owners manual any more

i tried everything to find informations on the internet. (Bosch, Beru, NGK) and so on. it's only wasting your time.

you can get the stuff from your local VW dealer, if you wanna pay the price, i don't!

it would be nice if someone has got some answers about these questions, i really would appreciate it.

see ya soon guys

frank
Edited by: up-down-under

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hi Frank. Sorry I have no idea of the answers to your questions. I normally have all that kind of thing done at the garage. I would imagine someone working at the place where you buy these parts would know. Edited by: Beevee

·
Registered
309 Posts
I had a look on the parts websites that I know, Euro Car Parts, German & Swedish, AVS etc. they only list items such as Wipers, Bulbs, ignition coils at the moment, not much use!
I think if you pull a spark plug, it should have the Bosch or NGK part number on it even though it will have a VAG logo on it? And oil filters are usually cheap enough from the dealers.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Unless parts are interchangeable with other vehicles in the VW range, aftermarket suppliers wait for the potential volumes to build-up before tooling up to make new parts (unless they are supplying the OE part anyway).

For service parts this can be a few months, for repair parts 3 years or so.

Given that most new cars are under warranty and tend, therefore, to be serviced by the dealer network for at least 1 to 3 years, the demand for aftermarket parts can be slow to develop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts