Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi mine (Citigo) is due its first service very soon and was just wondering if others have had any issues or lots more to pay out on top of the service? the mileometer seems to of spun round up to 10k miles in only 6 months!!!

·
Registered
811 Posts
My Take Up is in for it's first service today. I can't believe that it is a year old!

Nothing extra to pay but there are several mods being carried out on it. There is a software mod to the ECU, something about a water drain and mods to the lock barrel from memory. Anyone else know more about this?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Did they tell you about these mods before doing them? My dads sprinter had some updates and now when he switches his can on from cold it revs the bollox off for a good few secods, hes propper pissed off with it as anyone would be at 5 in the morning switching van on and it reving up lol he complained and merc simply said it can't be reveresed so every service since they arn't aloud to update untill they confirm what it is lol

·
Registered
811 Posts
They told me that they are going to do them as part of the service so I will see what the effects are tomorrow when I pick it up. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
811 Posts
The mod was actually to the alarm module, apparently on very early cars the mounting bolts can corrode and break, which had happened to mine. I found this a bit of a surprise as I didn't know that the Take Up had an alarm

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
O I didn't think any up! Had an alarm
I know theres the flashy led to put people off breaking in but didn't think there was an alarm box thing lol

·
Registered
619 Posts
I took my car in for a service a couple of weeks ago and it did not cost me a penny. It was in the garage an hour and a half and came back washed and 'hoovered' inside. They never said anything about doing any modifications though.

Incidentally, I just got my road tax reminder through (UK) and it was £20 for the year - another reason to buy an Up!
Edited by: luckyjimmy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts