Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Im in need of advice..im pondering on wether to get the 3 years fixed price servicing on my new baby UP.
Its just arrived in uk and im just getting things sorted out to pick the baby UP up.
I will be calling the dealer tomorrow so i need to tell him if i need it or not ( servicing that is ).
Looking forward to posting pics and telling you all about how things go.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
309 Posts
How much are they asking for it? It's 199 if you have their finance, so if they are asking more than that I would barter on the price.

I think you get the third year mot included too

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When i placed order they quoted £249, but i recieved a email saying that my car is ready for pick up and it included a invoice and at the bottom they have some bits about life shine ect then servicing is £299.
Im paying off in full so i know i cant get servicing for £199 but i was told £249 on phone way back in july.
I have been trying to find out how much it would cost to get serviced at a vw garage but ive been unable to get a price so far.
Do i have to buy the fixed price when i pay for car or could i wait till end of month say when i get paid?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I struggle remember what they said, think first year was about 160, second was over 200, third service was getting close to 300, and that was doing 6k a year!

So its well worth going for the package.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Andy T9 for your reply.
I didn't think it was worth it at first getting the 3 year servicing.
From what you have told me I will be getting for sure.
Thanks for every ones help.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I didn't get the servicing package on my Mii - it's not plugged in quite the same way as on the Up. When it came to the first service, my Seat dealer wanted £165 and the local VW dealer £159. I ended up taking it to my local independent garage which, using genuine Seat parts, managed to charge me less than £95! Proportionally, quite a big difference.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Wow those dealer prices are steep! first service is only an oil and filter change plus a visual health check (which you can get any time for free at my VW dealer) Many independent dealers take wheels off as well for an interim service to check brakes, VW only do this on a major. Can't go wrong with a good independent that is willing to use genuine parts, the labour will be half the cost of VW. My local independent charges £48 per hour and they have access to all the VW technical bulletins and software updates for VAG com.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts