Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll get my new VW UP today, and I'm considering to start from day one, and filling it with Shell FuelSave Unleaded. However, I'm very unsure if there is anything to win FuelSave-gas rather ordinary unleaded-gas.

Therefore, is there anyone of you guys who fill it with FuelSave rather ordinary unleaded and has achieved a longer drive-range?

Let me hear.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Your driving skill is a much more important factor than different fuels...fill it with ordinary unleaded and enjoy without worrying!

ps...Congratulations on your new arrival...post some pictures!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi Brandborg, welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting your up! today. I agree with Privatedoc to be honest, I think it's more about the way you drive than the type of fuel you use.

It also depends on the cost of the fuel, as some fuelsave and super unleaded fuels costs quite a bit more per litre than standard unleaded. Therefore any extra mpg you may gain could be negated by the additional price you pay.

I hope you have many happy hours driving your new up! and look forward to seeing some photos.

Edited by: clowesa

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
The more expensive fuels are supposed to have better additives such as detergents, so are better for your engine. Also they are higher octane, and will have more mpg, but some say this is only really true with higher performance cars. I tried Total 'better fuel' (whatever it was called) in my Ford Ka, and I although I got some very good mpg figures such as 50mpg, I could not convince myself they were due to the fuel rather than weather and journey type. I might try a tank of Total 'Finest' next time, then revert back, and see since I am doing fairly consistent journeys in my Up, and getting consistent mpg (65 at the moment) so ideal for testing. I it jumps to 68+, then back down again afterwards, then I'd say it might be worthwhile.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Brandborg said:
I'll get my new VW UP today, and I'm considering to start from day one, and filling it with Shell FuelSave Unleaded. However, I'm very unsure if there is anything to win FuelSave-gas rather ordinary unleaded-gas.
Shell's always coming up with some sort of gimmick to promote their fuels. If you "think" you have a fuel saving gasoline then surely you'll (subconsciously) drive in a manner that will be fuel saving anyway so don't bother wasting your money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts