Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my turn to finally get my car arrived yesterday afternoon when I collected my Mayan Blue High UP! 5dr and I LOVE it
, so here she is...

And two new items for 2015 builds onwards, dark rooflining which is available when you spec the Sports Pack and the traction control and tyre pressure buttons by the gearstick.

And finally my absolute favourite photo that I have taken of my car so far, as the colour has come out almost perfectly...

Thanks for looking, hope you guys like the photos.
I am really really glad to finally be able to say that I am now an official UP! owner

·
Registered
88 Posts
Congratulations and great pics.

I don't think you can turn the traction control off though. That switch by the gearstick deactivates the citysafe emergency braking.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Up!_to_Mii said:
Congratulations and great pics.

I don't think you can turn the traction control off though. That switch by the gearstick deactivates the citysafe emergency braking.
thanks, and thanks for letting me know about the switch, never knew that, dont think I'll be touching that switch then as I dont see why anyone would want to switch it off.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi zimbo,

great photos, great up!

I think the emergency break system should be turned OFF in "car wash streets"? Read the manual ...

The tyre pressure button might be, because you sometimes need different pressure (see fuel filler door). The pressure driving alone is different to going on vacations with four adults and lugage ...
After having the correct pressure, you might "tell the car" that this is the best pressure ...

Zimbo can read the manual and tell us more ...

The up! looks great all in blue and black (now with the black roof lining) ...

·
Registered
252 Posts
EU legislations coming in later this year state all new cars have to have TPMS.

From memory it is from a sale date of 01/11/14. Most manufacturers are now fitting it to builds from now in case cars sit in stock for a bit I assume.

The sensors detect if the pressures alter so if you actively alter the pressures (as Cadfael states) then you have to let the car know the new reference point.

As an aside if VW usein wheel sensors (as Ford have on my new Focus), ifyou fit a second set of rims for winterthen you have to get pressure valve for them. There may be a procedure for getting the car to recognise the new sensors.

In the Mii manual the times it mentions to turn off City Safe include off road if there are overhanging branches or car washes
Edited by: mii al

·
Registered
75 Posts
mii al said:
As an aside if VW usein wheel sensors (as Ford have on my new Focus), ifyou fit a second set of rims for winterthen you have to get pressure valve for them. There may be a procedure for getting the car to recognise the new sensors.

As far as I know, Audi and VW uses the sensor-less system. It works by counting and comparing the revolutions on each wheel via the ABS module, as the rotating radious is affected when the tyre looses or gains pressure, so it will do more or less revolutions in the same given distance.

So that's why you have to re-set the system each time you modify the tyre pressures. Otherwise, the system has no way to tell if the change was intended or not, and then it gives you an alarm. By resetting it you're literally telling the ECU "OK, don't be alarmed at the change, from now on you should take this state as normal. Please tell me if there's any sudden change."

As you can see it has some disadvantages. The sensor system that Ford and other uses has direct and calibrated measurement on the pressure, so the system always knows the exact pressure with units and decimals included. But it is more complex and requires extra and expensive components in wheels. VW system don't require any of this, it just uses the existent ABS module (you can even activate the system in cars that don't have it from factory, like an Audi A4 for example), but it can only tell if there's a differencein the wheels behaviour, not the exact info.

Sorry for the long explanation, but I love to explain technical stuff

On-topic: AMAZING Mayan Blue, CONGRATS!!!

Edited by: Hambert

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
mii al said:
EU legislations coming in later this year state all new cars have to have TPMS.

From memory it is from a sale date of 01/11/14. ...

Hi Al,

The up! (Mii, CitiGo?) has the TPMS since the new model year 2015.
This means production from CW20 (or 22?) 2014 on ...
Roughly said, all "64 up!" have the system (and a few "14 up!s").

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hambert, the Focus used to use ABS sensor DDS (deflation detection system) prior to May 14 build. However they have changed to TPMS sensors. Not sure if indirect measuring (ie measuring rotation rather than direct pressure) is accurate enough for the EU directive.
New BMWs have pressure sensors whereas they used to use the ABS sensors for cars with run flats.
I may be wrong, but I think all manufacturers are now using direct pressure measurement.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I like it! Mine is being built next week, red 5 door high up with sports pack and chrome and leatherette seats. I debated the blue, it's very nice. Can you do a pic of inside to show black roof? This is what I'm worried about as I've only had light interiors but with a messy 3 year old it's not practical! I'm hoping it will be nice all black and not to masculine!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will try to get some better photos of the interior and the roof lining for you as soon as I can. Am finding it difficult to get the camera to focus properly when trying to take the pics.

**OK here are some rooflining pics**

These ones give you a much better idea of the look of the dark headliner, I love it, its perfect with the black plastic part of the front of the dash that runs by the windscreen

Edited by: zimbo

·
Registered
112 Posts
That is one fantastic looking Up Zimbo, you must be over the moon with it! The triangle alloys and window tints look great with the blue, and the dash looks fab.

Since I picked up my tungsten silver High Up a few weeks ago, every time I've passed an Up in another colour, I've thought to myself that tungsten silver is definitely the best colour - that was until I passed a Mayan blue on the road yesterday - it really is a great colour.

Enjoy your new car!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Brilliant, thank you. This is the first dark lining I've seen, your car looks great, I think I'm going to love mine!

·
Registered
34 Posts
That's a fantastic looking car, Zimbo. I've only seen that colour on the lower spec cars and wasn't too keen but seeing it with the Sport Pack on a High Up!, it looks really good. I too was thinking that my Tungsten Silver High Up was the best colour but I would seriously consider that if I were ordering again. Enjoy your car

I would be interested to know roughly where the photos were taken - looks like a nice place.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you for all the kind comments folks. I really love my little blue beast
and am SO glad stuck it out and ordered this instead of taking a red version that were available when I placed my order, the wait was SO worth it

Still trying to get to grips with my M+M functions etc
like trying to have the nav on without having any destination programmed, did it once and cant find how to do it again lol its all part of the fun of learning my way around this new car and I feel like changing the male voice on the sat-nav to a females which I am used to in my old TOM TOM and the work vans.

The photos were taking across the Tay Bridge in Fife and some were taken just along from the dealers near a little cafe by the Tay Rail bridge.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
For an extra fee of about 20 GBP you can buy a language pack with 6 "English voices" ...

- Ewan from Glasgow for the Scottish drivers ...
- Pete from London (Cockney)
- Gwendolyn from Wales
- Coleen from Manchester
- Bob from New Jersey (USA)
- Latika from India ...

There is a second "English" language set with a rapper from London, Arnie, the Godfather, the Lord, Ludmilla from Russia or Nishana from Bollywood ...

Tell us when you found out how to show navi without a set route ...

Edited by: Cadfael

·
Registered
149 Posts
Cadfael said:
For an extra fee of about 20 GBP you can buy a language pack with 6 "English voices" ...

- Ewan from Glasgow for the Scottish drivers ...
- Pete from London (Cockney)
- Gwendolyn from Wales
- Coleen from Manchester
- Bob from New Jersey (USA)
- Latika from India ...

There is a second "English" language set with a rapper from London, Arnie, the Godfather, the Lord, Ludmilla from Russia or Nishana from Bollywood ...

Tell us when you found out how to show navi without a set route ...
I've got the German voice on mine...Somebody called Cadfael from Dortmund, but I think it must be faulty because I can't manage to shut the darned thing up!!!!!

Edited by: Timii

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi Zimbo, just looking at all your photos, lovely jubilee. Like your tints, suites the colour.
Also your alloys make the car so grown up, its such a lovely set up you have. Hope you have miles and miles of Happy driving, as you have waited long enough.
Good luck on your next new arrival ....
Kind Regards Phill

1 - 20 of 32 Posts