Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick one about the move up that we've gone for yesterday.

When we drove it, it showed what gear we were in and when to change up to the next gear.

Is that standard on Move Up?

I wondered if it was standard when you got the multifunction trip computer with the sensor pack?

Any help from fellow standard move up owners would be appreciated.

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
Standard on all up! (and most other VAG manual vehicles).

I found it quite useful, the 3-cyl has good low down torque, so you can shift early and not worry about the engine labouring.

I actually find that when driving around town, I shift slightly before the shift indicator comes on.

Edited by: shakotanVIP

·
Registered
811 Posts
I've stopped noticing mine to be honest. I don't really think it makes that much difference and I love that 3 cylinder growl so changing up too early spoils the fun.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Allybasher said:
I've stopped noticing mine to be honest. I don't really think it makes that much difference and I love that 3 cylinder growl so changing up too early spoils the fun.

+1 :D

·
Registered
222 Posts
I found the 3 cylinder motor to be almost silent. When my wife test drove it she tried to turn the engine over because she didn't realise it was running. But then again she has a cam'd, decatted, stainless steel exhaust'd Golf VR6 with a big beasty airfilter on it at the moment, lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts