Up Owners Club banner

Show me your Private Plates

4K views 24 replies 20 participants last post by  Veedub 
#1 ·
Hi all, just wondered who of you have been creative andtreated yourselfs to personal plates ?
Here is my new plate on my Cheer Up Edition ( High Up with extras included ) TöL UP 444

http://s803.photobucket.com/user/vincent_berry1/library/UP

It makes me smile, especially when it was at No Extra Cost. I hope the link works, it's my first ever go at it, sadley the photo I have taken is over 2mb so will not upload the normal way.

Looking forward to seeing your plates !

Edited by: vberry33

#4 ·
My avatar (VWILD 1) was my private plate back in California (kept the unused front plate as a souvenir). Have been a VW fan since the mid 70's as the first car I ever bought was a Meyer's Manx Dune Buggy based on a shortened 1966 VW Beetle.

#9 ·
Blackpuppy said:
How much is vanity plates in Britain? Because here in Denmark, they go for £1200/year...
In the UK you buy the plate and the price varies on the rarity of the price. Its yours for life and to transfer from one car to another at a cost of £80 each transaction.

Prices start at £250 and go to....£100,000 plus ;)

I just bought T555 SPY for my 'Spyder' - just £250 including the first transfer :)

#11 ·
I've bought and sold a few of these over the years. My favorite was HA55 LED. I didn't mean to buy it, I made a stupid offer, which got accepted. Sold it a year later.

The one on my Up is just my name

#12 ·
christgill said:
Blackpuppy said:
...here in Denmark, they go for £1200/year...

God, really?  (that's not krone? i.e. £110 per year) (and even that's too much for me)

And I thought that the £500 I paid for my plate (UP02 CTG) was expensive enough!
Nope, it's 12.000DKK which is £1200, it's literally insane, when we at the same time got the 181% registration taxes for cars in Denmark...

#14 ·
Hi, we were lucky enough to get this plate straight from DVLA. There are other relevant UP plates still on there, e.g. JO11NUP (John UP) and others for anybody naming there up Daisy, e.g UP54DSY and UP54DZY (I.e. "UP's A Daisy") and some coming up in a year e.g DA15YUP (Daisy Up). There is also UP11OVE (UP! LOVE)
We love our Up! And love the way it smiles at us and makes others smile when they see the plate.
Have fun.
Sally.

#17 ·
I've had TOB 77S for 30+ yrs, recently bought S77 TOB and S777 TOB, also have A T08 GAV for my son gavin and A R08 TOB for robin so a full set of TOB plates for the family!

#18 ·
Upsadaisy! said:
Hi, we were lucky enough to get this plate straight from DVLA. There are other relevant UP plates still on there, e.g. JO11NUP (John UP) and others for anybody naming there up Daisy, e.g UP54DSY and UP54DZY (I.e. "UP's A Daisy") and some coming up in a year e.g DA15YUP (Daisy Up). There is also UP11OVE (UP! LOVE)
We love our Up! And love the way it smiles at us and makes others smile when they see the plate.
Have fun.
Sally.

Is your rear plate also illegally spaced?

If the Police catch you once, you'll get a fine and Vehicle Defect Notification.

Second time, they'll notify the DVLA who will de-register the private plate and you will have to apply for a new, age-related plate. During the time of application and issuance of the new plate by the DVLA, you vehicle will not be registered and you will not be able to drive or keep it on the public highway. The number SA11 YUP will be removed from the DVLA website and will not be offered for purchase again.

Its much less likely that you'll be stopped with only the front plate done, but you never know if that eagle-eyes Police car coming the other way will notice it or not.

Edited by: shakotanVIP

#19 ·
mine are all legally spaced

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.