Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in VW dealers today and she described as a squashed car awaiting the crushers. Why not get a Sirocco she exclaimed it is an old woman's car? She drives a T5 tailgated van with privacy glassand was thoroughly dismayed betting I would not have the car longer than 3 months ............................. she may be right, but fore the moment I am excited and by ordering the Take Up my first modification, at the age of 51 I should no better, is to spray the steel wheels silver and insert some G60 centre caps. I think it will look OK.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I've been in my brother-in-law's Scirocco and all I can say is the ride was terrible. I think it was down to the giant wheels the car had - they were 18" or 19" at least. I'm not really that keen on the looks either...

·
Registered
523 Posts
My friends can't believe I have ordered a car with a 1.0 engine, going from a mini cooper. The difference from going to 75bhp from 120bhp is about 400kg that the mini weighs over the up! I couldnt get over how nimble the up was compared to the coop... And that handles like its on rails. It's going to be an easy switch :)

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
The old power to weight ratio argument wins me over everytime

That's why I'm on a diet right now!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Will be interesting how it compares to my 200 bhp eos! Although I haven't had it for a month now, so will probably forget how fast it was anyway!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
We had two guys (and a dog) in a roof down Eos eyeing up the up! In Liverpool last night

·
Registered
956 Posts
Our pizza delivery man last night was well impressed with the up! It's the first one he's seen & he thought it looked awesome (of course I had to agree with him).

Only problem was he was gazing at it so long, the pizza's were starting to go cold

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I have only seen one or two in the real world... They do look pretty different and cool! Very excited!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well I have a Scirocco and the missus has the Up!

In my opinion, the 'Roc is a great car, looks miles better than a Golf but isn't so much of a compromise with space (for a sporty coupe). Yes the ride is firm, but then it IS a coupe and is set up for handling/road-holding. If you want a smoother ride, you buy the equivalent Golf.

Of course, I drive the Up! now and then, it's a great little car. The best thing for me about the Up! is that is doesn't feel like a small car. Nice ride and very refined.

I have the best of both worlds

Edited by: Ozmosis

1 - 10 of 10 Posts