Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, haven't got the car yet, supposed to be on the boat but trying to sort a few bits for it. I'd like the Side Trims / Rubbing Strips similar to the ones fitted to the UP White / Black, perhaps High Up also. Might help protect it from supermarket dings.
It's a 3 door Move Up and I have just been on to the local VW dealership and found the price for the door is £43.46 and for the side £24.10. Obviously that is multiplied by 2 for the other side. It seems they are available in Chrome or Grey Metallic. Not sure if vat is included or not!

Has anyone found a less expensive way? I note one thread where it was mentioned the side trims for a Mitsubishi Colt CJ0 will fit and looking at the pictures they look a perfect match. But when I search for pics of a Mitsubishi Colt CJ0, the side trims look a lot deeper. Perhaps it was a specific model year?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Don....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi!It was my car with side trims from COLT.
This is aftermarket accessory, maybe thats why you can't find it.
I just compared dimension of different side trims and choose the best fitted.
You may buy other car liners if they are similar lenght.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Thanks for quick reply! I understand now, the difference being that you didn't use the original Colt parts. I will have to have a look around and see what else I can find.

Thanks again for your help!

Cheers

Don....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A very quick reply! I will update when I receive a mail to say now available and we'll see what they look like!
Don

<div dir="ltr">Thank you for your email and photos.
We are adding a range of protection strips for VW UP now and this should be
available on our website next week.

The expected price for a set will be will be in region £35-40.

We will notify you via email when this is available.

Thanks again

<div ="gmail_extra"><br clear="all">

Regards,

Kris Wojcik

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Automotiva UK

www.automotiva.co.uk

[email protected]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Side protective mouldings are now available. On the link it also mentions 5 door version, but I think it's only the 3 door version that's available at the moment.
Don

<div dir="ltr">Hello
Please see below a link 3 door version (currently listed only under SKODA
CITIGO which is the same shape as the UP)

http://shop.automotiva.co.uk/side-mouldings/217-skoda-citigo-3-door-side-protection-mouldings.html

<div ="gmail_extra"><br clear="all">

Regards,

Kris Wojcik

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Automotiva UK

www.automotiva.co.uk

[email protected]

·
Registered
677 Posts
Thanks for this info! I've been looking for the Chrome strips for my High Up for a while! glad to see someone bringing them out! Will order as soon as their available!

cheers

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure if they will do chrome ones, but seems you can get them colour matched for an extra fee.
You could always drop him a note and ask...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts