Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just uploaded 7 cds onto my 32GB microcard. I have used the flac file format so not to degrade the music too much. It is brilliant. All folders can be seen and the tracks sound good. Mainly classical piano. Because the outside noise is not very loud I can listen to the tracks without turning up the volume!.
On another topic here is a picture of the stainless sills I got from Lockwood International in Leeds. They could not put "Up" on them due to copyrightbut they look good. They are around £29 per set plus postage
Barry

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
That's different! I haven't seen anyone put two on one side.

When you say £29 a set is that a pair?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Barry,

Can youconfirmthat you've got FLAC files playing from the maps and more sd card? I'm yet to hear of a single car head unit that can play FLAC. If this one can I'm over the moon, as my entire musiclibraryis FLAC and I won't need to convert it to play in my UP (when it finally arrives!).

Cheers

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there,
If you look on the Lockwood International site you will see a full description. The sills are £28.95 for a set of 4 plates. They made them for my High Up when I took it there a few weeks ago. If anyone cars to take a 5 door Up to them I am sure they will make a set for that too.
Nice and helpful company.
Barry

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,
Yes the SD card takes flac files. It is one of several audio file types supported by Navigon. Have a look in the Navigon manual page 109:
12.2.1 Supported audio files
You can control the play back of audio CDs which have been inserted in the CD player of the navigation device. Also, you can play back audio files in the following formats:
MP3, WMA, OGG Vorbis, AAC, FLAC

Regards
Barry

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wow, SOMEBODY does a car player that plays AAC (ipod/iphone) format too! I'm sick of ripping my CDs into 2 formats (mp3 and AAC).

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
GunSpeed said:
Great features, the more I read about Maps&More the more I'm convinced that it's a real bargain

its a steal for what it does, add a 32Gb micro sd card for £15 and you'll have all your music to hand too

I predict all car manufacturers will do something like this for their smaller vehicles eventually.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Barry98 said:
Hi,
Yes the SD card takes flac files. It is one of several audio file types supported by Navigon. Have a look in the Navigon manual page 109:
12.2.1 Supported audio files
You can control the play back of audio CDs which have been inserted in the CD player of the navigation device. Also, you can play back audio files in the following formats:
MP3, WMA, OGG Vorbis, AAC, FLAC

Regards
Barry

Fantastic!
I can't wait to get my up now!

·
Registered
532 Posts
That's excellent, I have always had to plug in my flac player. At last, progress.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks for the Link to the website selling these sills!! I have the VW steel ones but only have one sill each side and there quite big sills so could do with another pair. Contacted the guys who make them and they could only sell me a plain pair or the pack of four with the engraved effect. So going for the engraved pack of four so if anyone wants to buy the other pair off me £20 including delivery pm me cheers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts