Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
oh excellent ccup!

we havent seen many silver yet, you should take lots of pictures for us to see :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Counting down the hours to collect but after reading the posts I'm worried about the gearbox issue. Mines a showroom model so don't know if it's early one or not
Edited by: ccup

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi ccup and welcome to the forum. Great news that you're getting your up! this week. Not seen a silver one yet so looking forward to seeing all the pics.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
ccup.... there is no gearbox issue, dont listen to some of the posts, there is some noise if you try to push the engine too far, but thats about it. and if you do get worried then take it back to the garage. if there was an issue VW would have recalled... and they havent!

·
Registered
956 Posts
willowaz said:
ccup.... there is no gearbox issue, dont listen to some of the posts, there is some noise if you try to push the engine too far, but thats about it. and if you do get worried then take it back to the garage. if there was an issue VW would have recalled... and they havent!

Yep, totally agree (well, on the basis of what club members have said, seeing as I haven't got mine yet).

·
Registered
619 Posts
ccup: I agree there is no gearbox issue - a lack of some some sound proofing means you hear the box doing its stuff at times but it is nothing to worry about. I've done almost 1200 miles in my Up now and I can say it purrs along quite nicely. Any noises you hear when you first get the car seem to fade away with time. Edited by: luckyjimmy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Picked up our silver move up. The wipers work fine as does the lights. No leaks......looking sorry for it's self parked outside getting an endless bath. Edited by: ccup

·
Registered
956 Posts
Congrats ccup, hope you're loving it. How about some pics, we don't mind if they're in the rain, the up! is gorgeous whatever the weather

1 - 11 of 11 Posts