Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard our up! Is in Emden singing "sitting on the dock of the bay" tried to track him, but no luck at the moment, it says that he has to be loaded onto the ship!
if he takes too long to board the ship, I'm going to call him Otis!
Edited by: Melody

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gary02tdi said:
Find out the name of the ship, then you car track the ship by goggling the ships name?
Thanks for that, I'll see if I can find that out, I've got the VIN number

·
Registered
655 Posts
I know mine is here somewhere but my nice sales lady is in Thailand and left me to a useless man who doesn't answer emails or calls...so tomorrow I am just going to be bold and speak to the sales manager!

·
Registered
553 Posts
GaveUp said:
Hopefully mine is going on the same ship as it was built last week!!!! Fingers crossed xxx
We ordered our High UP! on the 10th but we haven't heard anything about any build dates or weeks

I REALLY hope our garage is just keeping us in the dark so they can ring us and say
"guess what"
"What ?"
"We've got some news about your car"
"Oh! what news?"
"Its here when would you like to collect it"

Oh well back to reality!!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
i havent had a build date yet either, and its 3 weeks since i ordered on this thursday.... :( but my dealer said he would call, so im giving him until monday, then i will call and demand an answer! lol

nice to hear your car is on its way melody! youll have to bring it to see me once you get it :) what dealership did you goto? im dealing with breeze in poole

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
willowaz said:
i havent had a build date yet either, and its 3 weeks since i ordered on this thursday.... :( but my dealer said he would call, so im giving him until monday, then i will call and demand an answer! lol

nice to hear your car is on its way melody! youll have to bring it to see me once you get it :) what dealership did you goto? im dealing with breeze in poole
Hi Gemma! We did go to Breeze first, but it would have been a 12 week wait with no discount, so we phoned Dorchester VW and they said they could get one by mid April! With a discount, so we went with them, mainly so we would get it sooner!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
nooooo way! i didnt even think about going to dorchester, i just assumed the wait would be the same whichever dealer i went to!? when did you order yours?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
willowaz said:
nooooo way! i didnt even think about going to dorchester, i just assumed the wait would be the same whichever dealer i went to!? when did you order yours? 
We ordered ours on 28th February! They did say mid April, but it looks more like end of April - that seems like a lifetime

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
so i ordered mine almost a month exactly after you, and my expected wait time is about 4 weeks extra from what they estimated, i hope i get it sooner rather than later tho!

very excited about yours tho, have you got all your pink ready to put in it?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
willowaz said:
so i ordered mine almost a month exactly after you, and my expected wait time is about 4 weeks extra from what they estimated, i hope i get it sooner rather than later tho!

very excited about yours tho, have you got all your pink ready to put in it?
I've got a few pink things ie black mats with pink edging, pink richbrook air freshner, vw tax disc with pink Swarovski crystals, but I'm not getting anything else until I get the car. I want! A gear knob, door sills and handbrake cover as I will have the Take up! And the gear knob and handbrake look very plain, probably something in chrome, I don't want to over do the pink!! The most important thing I need is leatherette seat covers and I can't order them until I get the car, as the only place that does these tailored covers for the up! Want photos of my seats, although they have the up! Template! As you work in a vets I'm sure you'll understand that with a dog, fitted covers would be best, as their fur gets everywhere. I would like some nice alloys, but they will have to wait as I'm retired, and the vw wheels look good anyway, so I'll hopefully get them when I need new tyres

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
yes subtle hints of pink, good idea :) im having "simons cat" air fresherners in my up when i get it cos they are red... so will go with my car, and i love simons cat, so funny!
yes, i totally understand the whole animal hair getting everywhere! so good plan on getting the seat covers... i rarely take animals in my own car but the hair just lingers, i shall not however be taking any in my up when i get it, unless i get a dog of my own, then like you, ill be getting some seat covers

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hi Melody - any news on your car? You ordered just a couple of days after me and Ihave just heard that mine has been built and waiting to be put on a boat. Has your dealer confirmed?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
R1ch said:
Hi Melody - any news on your car? You ordered just a couple of days after me and I have just heard that mine has been built and waiting to be put on a boat. Has your dealer confirmed?
Hi Rich, our car was build last week and our salesman said that it had left Emden port yesterday!! I've got the VIN number, but I haven't had any luck in tracing it, but it's on it's way
I'll let you know when I hear something, good luck with yours, let us know when you find something out

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi Melody & R1ch
Mine was also built last week and is on its way. I havent got the VIN yet but dealer has so will be ringing him tomorrow for it and an update. Hopefully all three are on the same ship!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mine was built in week 15 and arrived at UK Port yesterday and hope to take delivery within 10-14 days so yours should have been on the same boat, can't wait to get it!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts