Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if anyone had seen the useful looking cargo nets for the boot of the Citigo? I had similar in my Mini and they were excellent. Do you think something similar will be available for the Up?

Please see link to Auto Express and Car buyer video review for the Citigo. Great video test of the emergency braking. To me the Citigo seems a very grown up car, I'm personally loving the youthful image of the Up!

www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/firstdrives/278998/skoda_citigo_5dr.html

·
Registered
39 Posts
The up! Is the only one with divider for boot but I think most of us will be looking at the seat and skoda accessories to see what's different.....or cheaper

·
Registered
705 Posts
I see that the up!, Mii and the Citigo share some of the exact same colour codes - Tornado Red, Deep Black, Reflex Silver and Candy White.

There are only a few colours that each individual model doesn't share with its brethren - Škoda Spring Green, Seat Tribu II (dark yellow) and VW Light Blue and Pure White.

Nick

·
Registered
956 Posts
bugbabe34 said:
Weird I can see similarities, but I just don't like it at all

I'm with you there. Those ever so slight shape differences seem to have turned cute/sexy/stylish into nondescript/middle-aged/ordinary.

·
Registered
956 Posts
whassup said:
clowesa said:
bugbabe34 said:
Weird I can see similarities, but I just don't like it at all

I'm with you there. Those ever so slight shape differences seem to have turned cute/sexy/stylish into nondescript/middle-aged/ordinary.

Think that's what's happened to me

Hahahahaha, never thought of it like that but now you come to mention it....

Unfortunately for me, those shape differences are a bit more than ever so slight, it'd be a bit like saying an elephant is ever so slightly larger than a mouse

·
Registered
304 Posts
Amazing how they can all make basically the same car look different, by changing the easy bit, the moldables firstly, then slight metal panel changes. In my books the up looks best still. You get the impression vw designed it then said to its partners, this is what ours looks like, now change yours to look different. Most of the other twos styling looks to me as added to do just that make it different from the up.

I'm not so sure that 'adding' styling leaves a design working as it should... They also have pressure to try and follow model range styling too. Don't get me wrong I like bits of the others too. Love the black simple styled racing alloy wheels. Also like the mat balck styling along the sides/ rear hatch (great for stopping greasy fingerprints on your glass aka the up hatch.

I also like the triangular white part of the rear lens too.Edited by: Markmod1

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
It's ok.. I don't like the LCD display for mileage etc. I prefer the red on the up as its less like a calculator display. I also prefer the inverted display for the stereo that the up has.
It also looks like the centre controls have a Matt finish rather than black shiny. More practical to avoid scratches, but not as sexy.
( I keep a glove mitt duster in my up specifically for dusting the dash! Sad, I know)

I shall certainly respect the new addition to our roads, but I prefer my up.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I also have a soft Autoglym cloth in my car for keeping the dust off the red dash.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Have you read some of the comments on that AE review? Some very strong opinions for the Skoda and the up. Someone said it would only be driven by old people. Going to find the age poll now on the forum

·
Registered
44 Posts
We sat in a Citigo before we bought our Up.
IMHO, the interior was quite tacky and seemed far more downmarket than the Up.Edited by: johnleigh

·
Registered
705 Posts
I bought one for the Octavia I used to own, and it is a very good idea. But it does need tie-down loops to enable it to work, otherwise there's nothing for it to clip onto.

Does the up! have suitable loops in the boot?

Nick

·
Registered
304 Posts
Nope don't think so. I will most probably be looking for a cargo partition instead anyway to fix between ceiling and seats at the front (like the dog cargo ones)Edited by: Markmod1

1 - 20 of 23 Posts