Up Owners Club banner

Skoda Citigo S

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Collas 
#1 ·
Popping back from the supermarket I decided to look around the local Skoda & VW dealer and saw a 5 door Citigo looked nicely shaped, but in pale yellow horrid and a nice SE with blacked rear windows. What took my eye was a Citigo basic S given I have ordered a Take up!
Boy oh Boy are the seats horrid inside the Citigo basic S in a Crimplene 1970's slacks colour of pale shiney grey. I now know why the Citigo is £350 dearer.

I still remain convinced the TAKE UP has better seats than everything including the Move UP.

Any thoughts

#3 ·
Seat material may well be a buyer choice.

balltofeet said:
I still remain convinced the TAKE UP has better seats than everything including the Move UP.

The TakeUp seats may look nicer, but they are not height adjustable and they lack support. Most people seem not to mind, but I found them painful for a while, but okay to good now.

#4 ·
If you think the Citgo S seat are bad look at the SEAT Mii SE put me off even considering the SE. I muchpreferredthe Mii S although I would have to pay £128 for colour coded mirrors, door handles and some wheel trims. Mii S A/C was my other option as SEAT are giving away the maps and more for free on all Mii's registered before Sept 30th and decent finance figures.

Spec is what has annoyed me the most you can have a basic Mii with A/C but not electric windows and central locking or an up! with electric windows and central locking but not A/C. Then there is the case of not being bale to order the sound pack on any basic spec models up!/Mii/Citigo to have six speakers. I suppose it is to reduce production costs and changes. Would rahter pay and extra £100 and have six speakers as standard!!

#7 ·
I loved the white stripey seats so much on the white I actively didn't spec the leather look even though I was always going to. (if that makes sense!)

#8 ·
balltofeet said:
.........sound pack improves the dreadful sund quality, but it is not that great as I have too heard it in the Mii + Up and it is stil flimsy.

I am going to just upgrade the speakers with some two way 5" jobs from Maplins, is as bad as when I owned a one series, the tweeters were an extra as part of the Hi-Fi pack. On the first I fitted some Sony three way speakers and on the second I retro fitted the OEM speakers into the pods that were already there for them. Even the bass speaker had a connector ready for them to just pug in. Took me twentyminutesto fit and only cost £40 for the pair. Cheeky cost cutting like on the up! I would rather pay an extra £100 for some better sound quality in the first place.

#9 ·
I'm quite happy with the standard set-up. I accept that it's badly flawed but I'm not prepared, or interested enough, to do anything about it, which surprises me. I spent my money on hi-fi about ten years ago and have managed to work up to the stage where any upgrades are going to be eye-wateringly expensive. My last piece of equipment arrived earlier this year and I can use it for recording from the radio or transferring my records to a digital format (if I ever get the time to record, edit and correct the recordings), and also for recording wildlife with suitable microphones, all at a maximum of 24 bit 192kHz. Whopping great sound files at 4GB for an hours recording, but they do sound good.

Nick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.