Up Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I must say I prefer the full glass boot lid on the Up!

·
Premium Member
3,142 Posts
Handy side pocket on the seat....never seen that before

·
Registered
619 Posts
The Skoda is a nice looking car although exterior styling is not to my taste. The inside looks fine, if a little 'grey'.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
luckyjimmy said:
The Skoda is a nice looking car although exterior styling is not to my taste. The inside looks fine, if a little 'grey'.
I see what you mean. And we can see that the inside is almost identical to the Up. So much for those reveiwers who said the Up is better made inside. A case of brand perception perhaps?

I don't like the black wheels.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
It does look cheaper inside. There is no gloss, all dull grey. My steering wheel is a lot fancier than that one. The pocket on the seat looks old fashioned

I did have to look twice at the front though!

And I quite like the contrast of the black wheels

·
Registered
423 Posts
It just looks a tad duller all round. I've nothing against Skoda, my wife had an old style Fabia and it was good to drive and reliable, but it's the same but not really the same as the Up (if that makes any sense!)

·
Registered
265 Posts
The only real interior difference in the Citigo is that (as you can see) is does not have the 'coloured' insert on the dash. The Mii has it but you cannot choose the colour.

I think the colour in the Up!/Mii lifts the interior, but the longevity of the finish remains to be seen. I do wonder if the Citigo interior will wear better

·
Registered
214 Posts
gary02tdi said:
Spotted this at Perth Racetrack(Horses)

I like!! Nice in White and cool running strips at bottom of the doors.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
and the black roof!!

·
Registered
619 Posts
The interior is what makes the Up stand out a bit from the (VAG) crowd. It is a pity they don't make similar efforts with theirmore expensive cars; my dealership had quite a few 20k Golfs in stock all with the same greyish interior. Theywould undoubtably be well built but, perhaps, very uninspiring places to spend some time.

·
Premium Member
3,142 Posts
If you look closely, I think the roof is a carbon-fibre effect wrap.....very BMW M6 !

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Yeah.... Like the black roof!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I like it but the front makes it look like its got a moustache... Perhaps I have been watching too many Pixar movies... Lol

·
Registered
956 Posts
I must say it looks nicer than other pics I've seen of the Citigo. Maybe it's just that white is always going to look more classy. Not too sure about the black wheels though, just a bit too dark for me and I agree that the interior does look a bit dull. I also prefer the full glass boot door on the up!

That said, I've definitely warmed to the Citigo a bit more now.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've just ordered a Citigo, one of the reasons being that I prefer the interior! These pics don't show the true colour, the interior (including the seat cloth)is black, not grey.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
bugbabe34 said:
It does look cheaper inside. There is no gloss, all dull grey. My steering wheel is a lot fancier than that one. The pocket on the seat looks old fashioned

I did have to look twice at the front though!

And I quite like the contrast of the black wheels
It is almost identical to my Up inside, except the Skoda has grey plastic, not black, electric windows and pockets at the sides of the seats. It is hard to say the Skoda looks cheaper when it actually looks the same as some Ups, so to compare I think you need to look at the prices of each model.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Having looked at all the cars close up it would not surprise if you could order the dash (be it matt, gloss or whatever) insert as a part from one manufacturer and drop it into a different car. The same can probably be said for many parts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
The thing I liked most about the UP inside was the glossy dashboard...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts