Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently heard sloshing noises when cornering and at first thought it might be to do with the fuel tank running low but after a fill up have noticed it still does it.

I checked in the wheel well to see if any fluid was collecting there but it is dry as a bone. Is there anywhere else that it would be collecting. I have shaken the door to see if it was collecting in there, it also appears that it is from the back of the car.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Defo the fuel tank methinks, mine does it, also the fuel pump makes a whine when you unlock the car! nowt to worry about

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
could be water in the sills.. some cars have been modified by the dealers to enlarge a drain hole. (I would have thought this was resolved on current builds by now though)May be worth a call to the dealer just to check.

·
Registered
811 Posts
My very early Take Up suffered badly from water collecting in the sills and sloshing about. It is being modified at its service as I write this to enlarge the drain hole. That will be the problem.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I am not sure how to check the sills but I am going to get booked in with a dealer and get them to look at it. The sloshing makes me want to go pee.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Mine has now been modified at the dealer to make more drain holes in the sills. No sign of any sloshing today.

The dealer won't quibble, it is a recognised problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts