Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, has anyone else had this problem. I,ve the car for 3 weeks and done about 600 miles and I have noticed every time I change gear at over 4000 rpm the revs take an age to die down making it almost impossible to get a smooth gear change. I have spoke to Hadwins VW and they want to have a look at it next Thursday. Does it get better with more miles ? I thought it might just be newness but the chap there said it could be the throttle damper. Apart from that all is well

·
Registered
851 Posts
My 60hp move up has never hung on to revs although i don't rev to 4k much and max'd at 3k for the first 1500 miles.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Mine hangs onto the revs, got used to it to be fair. I'm guessing such a tiny engine has very little resistance :)

·
Registered
705 Posts
No, there's something wrong with the throttle. I've only had this on a motorcycle, where the twist grip was binding and needed adjusting. It was rather frightening as the bike would lurch forward when new gears were selected.

Get it booked in with your dealer ASAP. I don't know if it's going to be mechanical or electronic, but do it. The car is dangerous at the moment as you're not in control of what speed the vehicle is travelling at.

Nick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts