Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a small but powerful and cost effective hand held vacuum cleaner. I used to have a black & Decker dustbuster but was so poor and very low suction. I would like the Dyson but I think it is rather expensive.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
We have a couple of Miele machines at home, they do a great car kit that provides all you need to keep your car clean...superb but a wee bit dear, (less than a dyson though.....dysons are a triumph of marketing over function IMHO )

Miele part number SCC10

You can use it on non-Miele cylinder machines as well.

I was lucky enough to get one as a fathers day present
Edited by: Privatedoc

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had used my friends Dyson Hand held and it was excellent. Have got the full size animal one at home and works a treat. Had a Black and Decker and it was rubbish. Never tried the Miele but I have heard very good things about those. I am just not keen on spending vast amounts and want it to be battery or 12V powered.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
What you need is a poodle...mine finds anything edible the kids have dropped and 'hoovers it up' in double quick time

Runs on win a lot, no cables but vet bills sometimes dear!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Yeah, mains ones are better as they have more power so suck more stuff!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SiJ2000 said:
Yeah, mains ones are better as they have more power so suck more stuff!
Unfortunately I have to have a rechargeable or 12V as where the car parks. Otherwise I would use my normal household Dyson.

·
Registered
705 Posts
What about an extension lead? Or is the distance from the mains to the car too great?

Nick

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I can't recoommend the Dyson handheld strongly enough. I originally bought it for my car (as I have a normal Dyson), but now the rechargeable one is all I use around the house. I bought the one that comes complete with the wand, so I use it as a normal vacuum on my hard wood floors and rugs and change the attachment for the stairs and the car. One charge is enough for my three bedroom house! There is a boost feature for extra suction
Expensive, but it has completely replaced my upright and is a wonder in the up!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts