Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just taken delivery of our High Up 3 door ASG with the Citysafe option. I was just wondering if the 2 small (0.5cm diameter) holes next to the front fog lights are anything to do with the Citysafe braking? I know the main radar beam comes from the unit inside by the rear view mirror, but cannot work out the reason for the holes. Any ideas?

Anyone who has any doubts about the ASG gearbox or any noise then worry not. The ASG is a peach and no gearbox sound. In fact the whole engine is so quiet compared to our previous similar engine 3 cylinder Toyota Aygo Auto.

Only gripes (so far).
1) No passenger window operation from drivers side.
2) No "one press" function to lower/raise window.
3) Window switches not illuminated.
4) No Boot light (sorted that by a LED battery motion sensor stick on light).
5) Steering Wheel too thin and too big.

I am amazed at how big the boot is. I have removed the parcel shelf and the top section of boot, and fitted a boot liner to the lower part. I could not believe that there was yet another section below holding the full size spare. The whole car is a Tardis - how VW have achieved such a miracle is beyond me.

Looking forward to the Up meet at Brooklands in Surrey Easter Sunday.

Andy,Aka - Truthseeker
"Trust No One!"

Edited by: Truth-seeker

·
Registered
587 Posts
Thought the holes were just to remove thefog-lights screwif the bulbs needed changing???

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
They're nothing to do with removal of the fogs, I do believe they are for adjusting the beam of light they produce however. Edited by: Davec86

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting........ thanks guys for quick (and early in the day) replies.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
O I thought those holes fired lazer beams at people who cut you up!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That was my initial thought as well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts