Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've discovered lots of tiny little copper specks on the back bumper of the car - just below the boot.
Pictures attached. What's the best way of sorting this out? Don't want it to get any worse. Assume this isn't covered by the 12 year warranty as it's exterior rust?
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Laura

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
It’s industrial fall out, small metal flakes that have landed on your vehicle. Your dealer or a detailed should be able to remove with ease.

·
Registered
647 Posts
T-Cut works for me, if used appropriately, ie. not too much elbow grease. My white cars all seem to have suffered from this over the years. T-Cut and some polish after the T-Cut has always removed them.
White is quite a forgiving colour to work on, it does not suffer too much from the swirls marks that T-Cut can cause to colours, and particulary metallic paint finishes.
Not sure the dealer will be much help other than relieving you of some of your hard earned. If you don't fancy cleaning them off yourself, try a local car detailer. But it really is a job that you should try yourself as cleaning and polishing your car can be very rewarding.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
a quick rub with any clay bar (amozon do them for peanuts) with a weak lubricating solution (eg a wee bit of car shampoo in a lot of water will sort it immediately...also great for tar spots on a white car.......!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hello, I've discovered lots of tiny little copper specks on the back bumper of the car - just below the boot.
Pictures attached. What's the best way of sorting this out? Don't want it to get any worse. Assume this isn't covered by the 12 year warranty as it's exterior rust?
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Laura
Use AutoGlym Magma it’s brilliant and quick

·
Registered
594 Posts
You won't get rust on a plastic bumper!
No but you’ll get rust spots from airborne contamination that sinks into the clear coat.
Just try something like iron x or BH korrosol on plastic bumpers and watch it turn purple as if dissolves the iron.
I used korrosol on my rough plastic window frames and the amount of iron contamination that it removed was incredible and left a nice and smooth finish .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts