Up Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I posted a few weeks ago about taking delivery of my Up! Since then it's changed slightly.

I previously had a 62 plate Corsa Sri which was my first car. It was stock, I never wanted to mod it.
I then bought a mk1 jap import Eunos which started the modding bug. I got rid of both and got the Up!

My Eunos looked like this:

2 weeks after selling the Eunos, I traded my Corsa in for the Up!

It started like this:

I had it stock for about a week before I made a couple of smalll changes.

First little things were:

Philips Silver Vision indicators:
During:

After:

Fly Eye:

Team Heko wind deflectors were also fitted.

So yesterday I test fitted my wheels which engaged and even higher 4x4 mode!

Then coilovers:

Coilovers + Wheels=

And then finally, some stickers because I'm scene as fck!

So that's how it stands for now.

I have a few little plans for the near future. I'm looking to:
<ul>[*]Plasti-dip white the front badge[*]Get roof and rear valance wrapped black[*]Possibly color change to wheels[*]Lower it a little once the coilovers have settled.[/list]

That's it for now. I have to say, I've enjoyed my 3 weeks with the up more than I did 14 months with the Corsa.

Edited by: Smyth

·
Registered
176 Posts
Loving the last pic. The Audi rims really stand out, without looking out of place....I'm going to go in search.

Top marks!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love the Audi wheels for that reason. I picked them because they look like they could be OEM, minus the Audi badge.

I'll keep them for a while but fancy something a little different for the next wheels.

But I need to save some money to get started on the interior.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So today I decided that I would make a few changes to the interior of the up. I was never a fan of the light coloured headlining, a pilliars and so on. I decided that I would have a go at wrapping them in a faux suede I had lying around to see how it looked.

I took a few pictures but I'll only stick up the side by side and the finished fitted thing.

Side by Side:

Fitted:

It's not perfect but I had the materials lying around and thought I would give it a go. There's one or two creases on it but overall I'm happy with it. Who knows how long it'll last but at worst I can rip it off and clean up the plastic.

I'm now moving on to the B and C pillar but got into a bit of bother getting the front seat belt off.
Could anyone give me a hand identifying what tool I would need to remove this bolt?

Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So last night after adjusting my coilovers I went for a quick run to let everything settle in. That drive lasted slightly longer than planned but I ended up at the for rail bridge and decided to take some pictures.

Unfortunately all I had was my iPhone for pictures, if I had planned ahead I would have taken my DSLR. Oh well, maybe next time.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice and a great location for taking photos.

·
Registered
727 Posts
tyrz said:
You need a 12 point socket bit.

Also referred to as a triple square socket bit.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lupogtiboy said:
Nice! Quite a lot done in a short space of time....

Those rims, are they 4 stud or 5 stud with adaptors?
They're 5x100 with adapters.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I spent the whole say giving the car a good clean with the intention of polishing and sealing the car but typical Scottish weather stopped me while I was in the middle of clay barring the car.

Anyway, a few little things have changed recently.

<ul>[*]The coilovers have settled and are now lowered some more.[*]The front VW badge is now plastidipped white. [*]Import plate on the back.[/list]

The exterior of the car is pretty much how I want it, the only thing I'm planning on in the near future is the rear bumper valance wrapped black and the addition of some Up/Citigo/Mii side skirts.

After the exterior is sorted I'll start on the interior. Plans for the interior are
<ul>[*]New front speakers[*]Add rear speaker[*]Boot build of some sort[*]Sound deaden the doors, boot lid, spare wheel well and under the rear seats[/list]

In the far off future I am thinking about switching the front seats out for some Porsche seats and get a full retrim in leather.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I see you have de-wipered the tailgate.....would it not look better debadged too?....just a thought

Will keep an eye out for it round and about....looks really individual!Edited by: Privatedoc

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've thought about taking the VW badge off, but I decided against it for now. I think the badge breaks up the large amount of black on the boot. Saying that I may take it off in future or attempt to paint the badge.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Where did you get the plate from mate?

if ebay do you have a link? i got one from ebay and it was shocking so binned it.

I have a more square one than the one you have at the moment

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got the plates from http://www.demonplates.com/

The quality is really good and so is their service. Order online, email off a photo of your V5 and proof of I.D and get your plates within the next 48 hours.

I had a 4x4 plate which was too long and didn't fit, my own fault for not measuring the height of the plate recess. I had to order a second plate which was a 330mm x 165mm jap plate. This one fits perfectly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts