Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my up! I refused the Retail Price Protection cover from Black Horse as, to be honest, I was running to tight a quite budget and I thought if I needed the RPPI there were probably cheaper alternatives online.

A few days after collecting my new car, I even got a phone call from the salesman asking me to come in and sign documentation to confirm that I had refused the Gap Insurance..

So imagine my surprise when I got letters drop through the door today from Black Horse, saying they had set up the policy and were planning to take the first payment, by direct debit, on the 1st October.

So not only have VW taken out this policy without my consent, they've passed on my bank details to them without my consent too.

Less than impressed.. Have cancelled the direct debit, and have emailed black horse (their offices were closed by the time I got home from work) so they shouldn't have taken any money from me, but still this feels distinctly underhand.

Sorry for the rant, but a trifle irked, and also just thought it was worth warning people

·
Registered
532 Posts
Speak to the dealer principal and find out what happened.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Sorry to be uncynical, but sounds like genuine mistake to me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts