Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Vredestein Snowtrac3 tyres are good in the cold but wow, how brilliant are they in the snow.....sailed past numerous stranded suv's, 4x4's etc etc on way to work today....light car + correct tyres = UNSTOPPABLE

what a brilliant winter car!

only car that came close was an audi quattro A4 also on winter tyres!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
what would be the rough cost of getting a set of winter tyres with steel wheels? (just interested really)

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine were £220 for each set of 4 tyres and I got 8 steel wheels off eBay for around £10 each

·
Registered
55 Posts
You don't need to convince me. I've had cars shod with winter tyres for several years now and the up got its Goodyear Ultragrip8tyres in October.Its fit and forget til end of March then on with the summers.
This carry on with winter tyres being fitted now when the snow comes is quite amusing. What about all the wet greasy roads days leading up to the ice / snowwhen winter tyres are also at their best? Nobody seems to mention that!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Same here, been cruising past numerous people not getting their cars out of snow - in my little Mii :) Feels so nice...

·
Registered
811 Posts
I'm on the standard tyres but even so I was sailing past stuck traffic - it's probably the best car I have driven in the snow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts