Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After already waiting several months for the delivery of my light blue, 3 door up (which I was meant to be collecting on Saturday) the guys and gals at the VW dealership took a step back and said "oh... This is a 5 door... We have f*%$ked up"

I'm heartbroken :( this is my first experience with vw and up to this point it has been amazing (as expected when they are taking roughly £13,000 pound off me) but then finding this out tonight, not so good!

They gave me two options:
1: take the car they have which is built to the spec I wanted + two FREE doors

2: wait another 10 weeks until they get my spec 3 door in

Although I have nothing against the "more doors" version, it's just not the style I'm going for with my project, at this rate I'll be lucky to be one of the first 10 people to put it on bags/hydro never mind 1st in the UK!

For the 10 weeks they'll be giving me a curtasey car, which I don't really need as I still have my old car but I wouldn't mind having an Up! For a week or two, allowing me to measure up some suspension parts!

I'm also going to try and see if they can give me a reduced price on a roof box for their little mix up :p

Oh well, good things come to those who wait!

P.S
Light Blue Owners Club:
At least this gets another light blue Up! Out on the streets ;)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi Lambo. I'm sorry to hear about the ****-Up! (excuse the pun). It's a tough call! If you've based your whole project on a 3 door then it's pretty much shafted that, and I'd wait for a "new" 3 door. If it doesn't really mater, then stick with it. I know that it's personal taste whether you prefer the 3 or 5 door?
Will affect your project too much if you keep it?

Matt

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
O dear!! Why wasnt it noted when it was cominig off the delivery truck? Ah well mistakes are made its just a shame its your car that was the mistake!

Congratulations on the light blue membership!

·
Registered
202 Posts
id have ordered three doors if I new I was getting 5 :p jokes aside sorry to hear aboutthere **** up... i think it defenatly gets you free sun roof seen as they will make money selling that car to someone else anyway...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
M4796P said:
Hi Lambo. I'm sorry to hear about the ****-Up! (excuse the pun). It's a tough call! If you've based your whole project on a 3 door then it's pretty much shafted that, and I'd wait for a "new" 3 door. If it doesn't really mater, then stick with it. I know that it's personal taste whether you prefer the 3 or 5 door?

Matt
Best pun ever! lol

yeah i think im going to wait :) I just prefer the 3 door, I dont really know why! haha

do you know if the suspension set up is the same on a 5 door as it is on a 3 door? I might take the 5 door to my "looooooows man" so he can meausre some stuff up for the suspension, if vw allow me, i dont think its that much to ask!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Itzben said:
O dear!! Why wasnt it noted when it was cominig off the delivery truck? Ah well mistakes are made its just a shame its your car that was the mistake!

Congratulations on the light blue membership!
I dont know :/ silly mistake just! thanks man!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
scarja said:
id have ordered three doors if I new I was getting 5 :p jokes aside sorry to hear aboutthere **** up... i think it defenatly gets you free sun roof seen as they will make money selling that car to someone else anyway...
Haha thanks man

oh no no, not a sun roof, a roof box! lol

·
Registered
393 Posts
Lambo-27 said:
M4796P said:

Matt

Best pun ever! lol

yeah i think im going to wait :) I just prefer the 3 door, I dont really know why! haha

do you know if the suspension set up is the same on a 5 door as it is on a 3 door? I might take the 5 door to my "looooooows man" so he can meausre some stuff up for the suspension, if vw allow me, i dont think its that much to ask!
Hi Lambo. Yes they will be the same. To save costs manufacturers will try and use as little mods as possible between models. At Toyota we make a small amount of "Beam" type suspension (basic) and "Double wish bone" which has much better handling, but fundermentally the floor plans are the same.
Sorry to waffle on mate!

So the floor pan will be the same, as will all the running gear. The only differences externally will be the side panels, and possibly the roof due to the fact that the roof angle might be slightly different, but only by a few degrees.
I hope this helps, and good look sorting your dealer out!

Matt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts