Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My commute has recently changed to include some fast driving on a private airfield i have nicknamed the M4 and i am amazed at how good the up is at 80-90mph and mine is only the the 60PS. I notice that at 90 the car is right on 4K rpm which is max torque, so that probably goes some way to explaining why it's so good. But at those speeds, i would have expected no throttle response - but far from it - you can really feel it gathering pace. Talented car.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Agree totally, it's a multi-talented wee beastie!

·
Registered
957 Posts
I have a daily commute of 66 miles ( mostly on dual carriageways ) and the UP sits at 70 mph without any trouble at all, you would not think it was a 3 cylinder engine and it's quieter and smoother than some 4 cylinder cars I have owned.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Many times I've looked at the speedo and its reaching mid to late 80s and Ive thought hows it got there! its so smooth and relaxing it runs away lol

·
Registered
127 Posts
It takes a while to get there but when you're there it still pulls well(for a 1L) when you put your foot down

·
Registered
106 Posts
Still waiting for a Danish company to make a TüV approved turbo kit for it.
So far, I know they're trying to use a Garrett T25 turbo.
That would make it just that more awesome on the highways!Edited by: Blackpuppy

·
Registered
587 Posts
Up! is much much better than the 1.2 Corsa SXi hire car I have been given to drive to a 3 day course. Less than nothing on the motorway going up a hill. The up! had no problem on the same hill. Odd ocassioned needed 4th instead of 5th. The Corsa however requires third and an avg of 42mpg over 155 miles is worse than my 116i 136 turbo and my 1.4 Polo, with both doing high forties. Up! would have done mid to high fifties!

·
Registered
17 Posts
64 mpg @motorway @70mph probably means this is the best one will get out of the car.Was it windy, Sir?

What do you get when driving in the city and short start/stop journeys (as most of what I will be doing is short stop/start journeys)

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
If I am careful, I can easily get 55mpg round town (non BMT 75bhp manual)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Our 75hp Mii Sport averages high 50s on the onboard comp on general driving (some town some 50 d/c & some 70 d/c). That is after sitting for 5 mins or so on the drive waiting for the **** thing to de mist. Come spring the mpg should go up a bit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts