Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gentlemen, The Red Mist.

There was quite the crowd checking her out when I got there this morning.

The sill's I got on ebay.

Not much time to today to go sightseeing with The Red Mist so a quick drive nearby to find something iconic to be seen against. Guess where.

I saw three other Up's on my travels, 2 white one Red. Typical, only seen five since May and see three on the day I pick up mine.

The black centre caps are on order and should arrive on the 9th. Many thank's to Paul at Harrogate Volkswagen for his help.

I know I'm biased but I think I got the best looking one. Can't get the grin off my face.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Nice.

Oh don't hold your breath about your centre caps!!!
We've been waiting to get ours for Dug since May????
Keep getting told they are on back order?

Edited by: gary02tdi

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
*sigh* this makes me wish even more than id spent the extra on the sports pack,.... oh well too late now

looks awesome! hope you enjoy your "red mist"

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the kind words guys.

Obviously I haven't for 48hrs yet but I've done 132 miles as to tonight. Been to the moors near Harrogate and been to Brimham Rocks today.

The sports pack has made a real differance to the feel of the car from the BMT I test drove in May. She corners like she's on rails and totally willing to go where I point her. The ride is little hard perhaps but I knew I'd be getting that with the sports pack and it was a price worth paying for the responsive handling.

It's taking some getting used to. My brain is telling me that this is a 3 pot 1 litre engine compared to the 1.2, 4 pot, 16v I've got in the Yellow Peril, so it should be less powerful and not as fast. Of course, there's 10 years of engine development that's been going on since I brought my other car so The Red Mist ain't no slow coach.

The dash info keeping telling me to go up a higher gear all the time when I feel she needs to stay in forth, up an incline for example but she can bring it. A couple of times I've felt the engine was struggling and lowered it a gear but I may be being over sensitive with her being so new. After the engine has settled and bedded in so to speak I'll open her up a bit more and see what she can do.

Still got the huge grin when driving her.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts