Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exactly 12 weeks to the day that I ordered my Tornado Red
high up! and it will also be the day of collection.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Wednesday 25<sup>th</sup> April was a truly appalling day
for the weather as we had heavy rain all day, but now we are in the middle of
July and the weather tomorrow will be""¦""¦""¦""¦.. exactly the same as April !! Oh
well at least I can check out the effectiveness of the up's windscreen wipers
and demisting capabilities.

Don't expect any pictures tomorrow (maybe a couple of showroom
shots) but I will post some once we get some suitable weather.

Roll on Autumn

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Hope mine is as prompt....enjoy your day.....sunny here today, might even be tomorrow fingers crossed!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Lucky you! Ordered mine 19th April and is being built this week. Remember to post some pictures!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers, I think most of us are just happy to get the car after a 12 week wait, and are not really too worried if its raining on the day.May have a run over to see my mum who is staying in her holiday home on the East Coast (Hornsea) which is a good 70 mile run from Leeds.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ZillUp said:
Lucky you! Ordered mine 19th April and is being built this week. Remember to post some pictures!
Wow thats quite a wait for an up! black, hope the next few weeks fly by.

Edited by: idletony

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Enjoy! :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
You must be excited! Hope it all goes well for you

I can see the return trip including Robin Hood's Bay, Dingwall, Thurso, and Newquay
(... a maniacal giggling sound is only partly masked by a thrumming engine sound receding into the distance).

·
Registered
525 Posts
They have promised it will be at the dealers this week and whether I have it before the weekend may depend on the workshop. I've done my best to hurry them up but sometimes they seem to know very little about basic things. For example, when I said I wanted GB Europe plates they thought there might be an extra charge. I mean, surely they must get asked for them all the time so how come they don't know? And why would there be? Surely they're standard plates? Grrr!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Great news Tony, congratulations. Weather's not looking good is it but hopefully you'll catch the bit inbetween the showers for the drive home

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
clowesa said:
Great news Tony, congratulations. Weather's not looking good is it but hopefully you'll catch the bit inbetween the showers for the drive home

Thanks Clowesa<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

It would have been nice to pick it up on a nice sunny day,
but taking ownership of the car is more important .

Ironically the Smart is parked up on my drive this week as I
don't want to get it dirty (yes I know I am part exchanging it) I really do
take great pride in cleaning my cars and always take them back to the dealers
clean and presentable (but empty of fuel), so this week I have been roughing it
commuting to work on my motorbike.

Just so my wife did not feel put out by my new purchase I
treated herHonda Civic Type Rto a coat of polishthis weekend. It will be interesting to see
the difference in shade between the Honda & VW.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Some nice weather would be nice!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
type R looks grand... sadly my boy-racer days are 30 yrs ago!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Always have liked the Honda Civic and that is one very nice looking car
(still prefer the up! though)

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
nice civic!! i do aprove!

enjoy your day tomorrow, very exciting... cant wait to see some more pictures of another high up in red... believe you got the same interior as me salsa/cornslik with red dash?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
willowaz said:
nice civic!! i do aprove!

enjoy your day tomorrow, very exciting... cant wait to see some more pictures of another high up in red... believe you got the same interior as me salsa/cornslik with red dash?

Yes thats right, same as yours. The demo car in Leeds had this combination which is why I picked it.

Just sorting out all the paperwork I need to take with me and ripping my CD collection (only got as far as Q (Queen) it takes some doing this ripping lark

Edited by: idletony

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Can't wait to see the pics!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SiJ2000 said:
Can't wait to see the pics!!!

Will do my best but its going to be a pretty grim day in Leeds tomorrow. Maybe I should try some "rainy day"pics for a change?(watch this space)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts