Up Owners Club banner

121 - 140 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Other way round, ethanol burns cleaner and more efficiently than petrol. Only problem with it is that if you use too much you can start burning up internals as it burns a lot drier, there's not a lot of lubrication in it. Older cars can suffer using it as it dries out seals etc.
Tbh i've used the E10 petrol in France and every car i've filled up with it has gone like a rocket.

You could be right . I’m just going off what the bloke in the esso video is saying , he could be a bullshitting liar ?
I know he’s based his finding on Aston martins.
I’m keen to try new things a went out of my way to find an esso garage on a the A55 and payed £1.42 a litre for the pleasure.
Early days yet but I’m seeing a noticeable improvement in mpg feeling a little bit more grunt ( only had it up to 4.5 k in 6th on the commute so not fully given it full beans .... yet .

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not for long, as soon as one of the moderators can delete my account, then i am off.
The forum appears to have lost its way, with very little discussion on relevant matters.

This will be my last message, so hopefully one of the sites moderators can delete my account ASAP
Not for long, as soon as one of the moderators can delete my account, then i am off.
The forum appears to have lost its way, with very little discussion on relevant matters.

This will be my last message, so hopefully one of the sites moderators can delete my account ASAP
well done to those who couldn’t resist taking the pixx every time this chap wrote something... glad to see the back of him as he had a GTI and a move up...
Now we can read messages from others who drive things like MX5s.
Now let’s find someone else to deride.
GOOD JOB

·
Registered
53 Posts
Oh god
well done to those who couldn’t resist taking the pixx every time this chap wrote something... glad to see the back of him as he had a GTI and a move up...
Now we can read messages from others who drive things like MX5s.
Now let’s find someone else to deride.
GOOD JOB
Oh god, not another one.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Brace yourself.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Even though he could spout total #### the Welsh guy never really bothered me as I never read his war and peace (edited) posts but I find the whole thing very strange, if someone had the such skills to hack website accounts why would they use those devious powers to hack into this guys account on crappy forum? (no offence) its either true which is a bit alarming or its his elaborate plan for a dramatic exit from the forum.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If he has been 'hacked' it is a matter of concern for all of us. This surely justifies an investigation by those running the site? At least it would confirm or disprove Don's theory?

Over to you, site Admin.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Our Llandudno friends' posts suddenly came up with a different moniker just before he announced he was jacking, , ie 9905 (and another one I think), and he claimed that it wasn't his doing, so his account must have been hacked. I'm not IT savvy enough to make any comment on it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Posted it in the wrong thread.........‘ Here’s the thing when it comes to public forums. Just because something is public it doesn’t give people the right just to belittle and berate without any consequence. People seem to forget that. It still makes me wonder how because you’re not face to face with someone it seems to make people think they can just come out with whatever they feel like’.

Now ....... who in the past said this.......

·
Registered
322 Posts
Posted it in the wrong thread.........‘ Here’s the thing when it comes to public forums. Just because something is public it doesn’t give people the right just to belittle and berate without any consequence. People seem to forget that. It still makes me wonder how because you’re not face to face with someone it seems to make people think they can just come out with whatever they feel like’.

You've had 15 posts and this is the third time you've posted this guff. BTW I'm a republican from Greenock so like that old German oxygen thief your no Monarch of mine .

·
Registered
1,590 Posts

I believe i did, your point? I don't write anything on here i wouldn't say to someone in the flesh, if they're talking bollocks i'll tell them they're talking bollocks.
The thing is with adults is that MOST will take that, listen to the reasoning and debate back. The other "adults" will swear, call you names and storm out the door like a petulant child.
So I ask again, what's your point because as Don has pointed out you have posted 15 times and mentioned this in 3.

I assume as well from @OBR's post above that you don't want to hear from anyone who drives anything but an Up, even if they have owned one. Seems a bit narrow minded and being as the pic i posted was in the non-up related forum I thought that would be quite safe.
Personally i'd love to hear about @911ts3's Alfas as they sound delicious.

·
Registered
140 Posts
We'll all petrol heads, isn't that why we're here. Just happens that our joint focus is the UP!, But I have an MX5, two classic rally cars which I campaign and drove performance/ large/ fast cars all my working life, I'll talk any car with anybody 😉

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
We're all petrol heads, isn't that why we're here. Just happens that our joint focus is the UP!, But I have an MX5, two classic rally cars which I campaign and drove performance/ large/ fast cars all my working life, I'll talk any car with anybody 😉
Same here, i'm a petrolhead through and through and would love to see what other stuff people own.

But if that offends people on here that much then i wouldn't bother.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Same here, i'm a petrolhead through and through and would love to see what other stuff people own.

But if that offends people on here that much then i wouldn't bother.
I really don’t mind what cars people own and drive and happy to read about anything automotive... what I found unnecessary was the way certain people kept chipping away at every post one person made, if you don’t like what he writes then ignore it, why deride him every time he posted something... totally unjustified.
Now we have lost a forum member who actually owned a GTI and a move up.
As so few people own a GTI that seems a shame.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I really don’t mind what cars people own and drive and happy to read about anything automotive... what I found unnecessary was the way certain people kept chipping away at every post one person made, if you don’t like what he writes then ignore it, why deride him every time he posted something... totally unjustified.
It is a shame, however reading the same things time after time after time does get very weary. The fact that this was so often accompanied by bad advice and/or opinion that completely contradicted previous posts made things worse. It's OK saying just ignore it, but I'm not exaggerating when I say that it was literally every post on this forum.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
The thing is you can't ignore someone who just gives out bad advice to new owners. If he had just come out with random waffle then no problem but to give advice out about "talking to tyre fitters about tyre pressures" and using the completely wrong grade of oil is not only ludicrous but potentially dangerous as well and that can't be ignored.

Imagine if you had followed him on using normal Mobil 1 0/40 oil in your engine, not only this the wrong spec but it's also the wrong weight. That could lead to catastrophic failure of the engine due to oil starvation/blown seals and VW will not cover that, that's a decent size bill coming your way. Then there's the classic "modifies car and doesn't bother telling the insurer" fiasco, that means if he crashes into someone his insurance is null and void leaving the other party in the mire.
Any one of those is crazy but to constantly give out bad advice and then vehemently stand behind it, to me that is mad. That needs to be called out as there will be new members come on here looking for advice, will read the posts and think it's good advice when in reality it's not.

I can ignore most of the waffle posts but when they contain the above it needs to be corrected.

121 - 140 of 168 Posts