Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
It's red I reckon badly saved for web image from a cmyk print image with colour profile.... The change has shifted the colour perhaps?... Its easily done.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Or as many car web images are done....get nice white shot of car and use colour overlays to illustrate what the car look like in 'different' colours... Doesn't ever look right or spot on

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You must be right. But it is not acceptable to do such a basic error.

This red (from the Konfigurator)

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
the first picture looks like the red one to me... the red looks different in different lighting

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yes even that red doesn't look right either really... It's a trick in flash using transparency to change car colour with overlay... It make it easer to add colours to the configurator later.. Note how the windows are grey.. Almost black and white photograph.. That is exactly what is under the red transparent layer to create the shine effect on the body work.

Also note note how the red one above appears to have a red matt finish without highlights...Edited by: Markmod1

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
The first one looks red to me. A problem is that even with a good image, your monitor might not be calibrated or might not be able to display the colour shade. And quite possibly the image is not colour correct anyway. Neither image really looks like the true red, which is deeper and darker.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts