Up Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear fellow Up owners, can I ask for some advice?
I have a much admired, totally original, 29 year old Mini Cooper that's been in my family since it was new. My problem is, it's been sitting in my (heated) garage for years now, coming out only once a year for an MOT and a trip round the block. I just don't seem to get the time to use it anymore. So I'm beginning to think I should sell it. But if I do, where is the best place to advertise it? It's not a classic 1959 Mini Minor or a totally restored Mk1 Cooper S, both of which are worth a fortune. But it's much better than all the welded up and sprayed over alternatives that are on offer generally. Any thoughts please?

Registered
I've been looking at minis recently on Ebay/Facebook market place/car and classic/auto trader so if you advertise it on any of those im aure you'll get traction.
But on a more serious note:
Where are you?
How much do you want?
How much rust/bubbling does it have?
Do you have pics? 馃槄

Tom

Registered
Up! GTI kings red; Eibach pro spacers/Pro Street S coilovers; Pilot sport 5s; Forge induction
Dear fellow Up owners, can I ask for some advice?
I have a much admired, totally original, 29 year old Mini Cooper that's been in my family since it was new. My problem is, it's been sitting in my (heated) garage for years now, coming out only once a year for an MOT and a trip round the block. I just don't seem to get the time to use it anymore. So I'm beginning to think I should sell it. But if I do, where is the best place to advertise it? It's not a classic 1959 Mini Minor or a totally restored Mk1 Cooper S, both of which are worth a fortune. But it's much better than all the welded up and sprayed over alternatives that are on offer generally. Any thoughts please?
You could contact the British Mini Club to touch base and tell them your situation. Great members with a wealth of knowledge. You would also get a good idea of value by comparing their classifieds.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for replying to you both. To Tom, I live in East Suffolk, not far from Framlingham. There are a couple of small bubbles on the very bottom of the A plate on each side, not far from the door hinge. Two tiny parking dings in the passenger door if you look hard and the boot lid is very slightly out of shape where the number plate light is, but it hardly notices unless pointed out. There has been a bit of surface rust around the windscreen rubber in a couple of places, which were attended to but could do with treating again one day. I could send you lots of pictures if you wish, if you send me an email address. The car is, as my brother described it, "it's not perfect, it's nearly 30 years old, but it's in bloody good nick for its age".

Registered
Mathewsons Auctions (of Bangers and Cash fame on the TV) they love a one owner from new survivor :)
If you go down the classifed ad route remember to have the price at 'offers over' to stop the low ballers ;)

Reactions: Robbie Fleming

Registered
Get an auction house to value it and if you're happy get them to list it with a reasonable reserve, minis go for stupid prices so you shouldn't have any problem selling it, otherwise ebay with a decent reserve but there's a lot of tyre kickers and time wasters on there so beware.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's an interesting thought, thanks for that. I am amazed at how much people ask for them these days. Having had the thing for ages, I can remember when it was only worth a few hundred quid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts