Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my Up (Up Black with driver's assist pack, sensor pack and sparewheel)on March 8th for delivery 8th June.
Mid June, no Communication from Dealer. Had to visit and demand explanation. Told not to expect it before Mid September!! Meantime my exchange car has run out of MOT, Road Tax & due for service all of which would have been avoided if delivery of Up had been on time. Has cost me nearly £350 !!
Thinking of telling them what to do with their Up!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sad to hear this
. I think a lot of people want to why.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Sounds like they forgot to order it!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
It is very variable, mine was a 3rd March order and late August delivery. It is worth getting information from the dealer as to build week and whether the week is confirmed (status 20), or not (status 10).
It is also worth getting your order number so you can look at the order status website or phone VW for info. I also believe that after 20 weeks, you can get a loan car from the dealer (however that needs to be checked).

·
Registered
525 Posts
Hi KWJ. That's not good! My advice, for what its worth, is 1. Don't service your car - you won't get the benefit from that.Check the oil, fluids etc but otherwise there's no point, esp when you've put it through the MOT. 2. Make sure you take the Road Tax back when you take the car in. I did this and they were fine about it. I hope you get your car sooner than you think. I waited four months and it was worth it! Also, email VW via their website asking why this has happened. They owe you an explanation, and though the one they gave me didn't explain much they did eventually send me an apology and £50 worth of vouchers, which is better than nothing!

·
Registered
215 Posts
i ordered my up at the end of march , and expected delivery mid june ...(not much help from the dealers either , when i used to ring up to find out about things/ progress etc ) but when it did come, the dash and seats were the wrong spec, cream dash and black denim seats , i ordered black structure seats and black dash !!!! but they were very sorry and lent me a new polo untill sept, when the new up will come, cost me£75.00 to add extra insurnece i had put on hold, as i had soldmy old polo in arrival of the new up !!!!but driving around in a new polo till then, its due to come late Aug but they said might aswell wait till sept to get new reg ...FAIR ENOUGH

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have been promised a free loan car to use until my Up is delivered.
Also managed to add a three year service package to the deal, Free of charge!! But would rather have had My Up produced and delivered on time!!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
As soon as you get it, all the hassle will be quickly forgotten, I'm sure!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hopefully I will have my UP! tomorrow Aug 1st.........was told it was going to be 25 July then that came and went then it was 30 July that came and went,so now it,s tomorrow ...we will see. UP! Black as it comes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts