Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rang up my dealer today, after waiting over a month from ordering my car to ask if there was a build date. The dealer who was apologetic for not contacting me (after a few choice words from me!) went on to tell me that my white Take Up! Was a confirmed build week 24..... Fair enough, I am happy, that's quicker than I expected! I thanked the dealer and carried on my day happy. An hour later I receive another call from my dealer saying that a lady has just cancelled her order of a Take Up! With comfort pack, the same as I ordered, the only difference is that it is light blue! And even better it arrived at the showroom yesterday and If I wanted it then it was available as of Tuesday the 29th of this month!!!! Ok, so just as things couldn't get better he carries on to tell me that the car has already got gap insurance as the lady ordered and it couldn't be cancelled, so I can have it for free as I said I didn't want it!!! Wow, bargain
needless to say I jumped at the offer!! I sneakily went to the dealer this evening to try and get a glimpse of the car....... Wow
The colour is really nice, and I should imagine quite rare, I have never seen one this colour before and didn't know it even existed haha. Has anyone else?? Anyway here's some pictures. So happy!

Edited by: TakeUpWhite!

·
Registered
727 Posts
TakeUpWhite! said:
Ok, so just as things couldn't get better he carries on to tell me that the car has already got gap insurance
WTF is "gap insurance"...? Here in Switzerland the dealer can't release the car until it's platted and insured which he arranges for you (both transferred from previous vehicle).

·
Registered
956 Posts
Congratulations and how lucky are you!!

As you'll see from my signature, I ordered the light blue and they really are pretty rare so very few pictures available so I can't wait to see some pics of your car when you finally get them up on the forum

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
You'll need to change your name to Takeup blue........congrats

as Alan Partridge would say....Back of the Net !!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
GAP insurance is what it says 'on the tin' basically VW give you insurance for 1 week to cover the gap until you sort out your own insurance.

I took it and then changed providers completely: my existing one wanted only a little less than my Audi TT 264BHP!
VW also quoted me (only fair since I had the free Gap insurance) and it was also a good £50 more than other quotes.

·
Registered
273 Posts
GAP Insurance is a policy that pays out the difference between the settlement from the insurance and the outstanding finance in the event the car is written off in an accident.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Mogwai is right, usually a one-off payment of a few hundred quid so well worth it for nothing. Timbo is talking about the free 7 day policy to allow you to drive home if you haven't arranged your own insurance yet.

·
Registered
956 Posts
mogwai said:
GAP Insurance is a policy that pays out the difference between the settlement from the insurance and the outstanding finance in the event the car is written off in an accident.

Thanks Mogwai, my dealer didn't explain it like that at all and this makes much more sense now.

·
Registered
273 Posts
There is also RTI (Return to Invoice) Insurance which as the name suggest pays the difference between the settlement and the original purchase price rather than the balance of the insurance. Both types can be found for a lot less than the £400 the dealers seem to charge.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all
i will persevere with uploading photos although you cannot really tell the car is blue! Doesn't do it justice!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I managed to get RTI gap insurance for £80 online (3 years, claim limit £7,500), much less than the £399 my dealer asked for.

TakeUPWhite, great that you are getting your car in May, it is well worth the wait.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Woooo finally managed to get some sneaky picks up that i took round the back of the dealer after they shut!
Car was difficult to find, but is definately mine, the only blue take up! there. The colour is very distinctive when in the flesh.
Opinions??
Pictures at top of page with original post.
Very excited now...... less than a week, tuesday the 29th!!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
The dealer is hanging onto her a while though!! Mine was sorted within 2 days of arriving at the dealers!! Great your able to get yours a lot sooner though!! I considered the blue, but opted for red in the end. :)

·
Registered
956 Posts
I have to say, your pics are really good and clear and it STILL looks white, except for one which looks slightly off white. I'm very glad you said it looks distinctive in the flesh, otherwise I'd be a bit concerned as I really don't like white cars. Don't know why, I just dislike red, white or black cars, hence going for the light blue up! Can't wait to see mine when it finally arrives

·
Registered
619 Posts
I did not know you could get an Up in light blue. Perhaps I should have played with the configuration a bit more! I had set my mind on a white car from the outset but I may have changed my mind if I had seen the car in this colour. Very nice...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all your replies
I believe that the blue is a very new colour that has not been an option for long? I like it any way! I would pick it up sooner, but work does not permit

1 - 20 of 20 Posts