Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went into townshoppingthis morning (Hull) parked the car on a quiet street, and went shopping after about an hour came back to this.

Absolutelyfuming, only had the car 4 days. Been quoted £200 to get it repaired....made it an expensive shopping trip.

·
Registered
811 Posts
That's awful, there are some b*****ds about aren't there? Any reasonable person would have left a note or something.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Great that's all you need !
Only had mine six weeks and got rear bumper scuffed by black car. Not good on white up!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You'd think wouldn't you, unfortunately no cameras either. Properly gutted. What gets me is I had a banger for 2 years and never had any damage to it. Get a new one and this happens. Makes you lose any faith you have/had in humanity.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HAZZA55 said:
Great that's all you need !
Only had mine six weeks and got rear bumper scuffed by black car. Not good on white up!

That really sucks. Did you get it sorted?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just spoken to the local dent man, and he reckons he can sort it out for £65 quid, thankfully the paint work hasn't been damaged it is just transfer from what ever hit me.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I am glad it can be sorted out for you. It is still upsetting to think people don't care what they do to other peoples property. Why is it when you park in a car park well away in empty spaces when you return there is always a great big four wheel drive beside you?Edited by: Beevee

·
Registered
73 Posts
Don't waste your money, take it to an approved vw shop, pay the £120-150 and get it back to new, I've done the cheap repair at my cost,,,

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Thats terrible I feel really sorry for you! Lets just hope the thing that hit you came off worse!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Dent man is recommended by VW, spoke to the dealership and they said they use him a lot. Yeah I'm hoping the other guy came off worse. There really are some b*****ds out there.

·
Registered
261 Posts
makes ya blood boil dont it?! >.< mind you we lived in Nice for 4 years - we took a brand new Pug 306 over with us in an attempt to blend in with the local yokels to no avail... a new dent was a weekly occurrence! Co-oincidentally, that car was a similar red :)Hope you get it back good as new :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Very annoying!
I have a Roadhawk HD DVR videocamera with data logger, and it's hard-wired in to a 12V feed, and so it records 24/7. It should show the offender in 1080p high-definition glory if anything like that happens when moving or parked.

·
Registered
462 Posts
move up! said:
Very annoying!
I have a Roadhawk HD DVR videocamera with data logger, and it's hard-wired in to a 12V feed, and so it records 24/7. It should show the offender in 1080p high-definition glory if anything like that happens when moving or parked.
Then he sends the dog to kill them

·
Registered
393 Posts
I've always parked out of the way wherever I go, even when it's chucking it down with rain, and always find that some A hole always has to park next to you! And usually in an old clapped out banger! The t**ser that did that to your lovely Up! probably wasn't even insured, like a lot of cars on the road.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A camera..now that's a thought. Got some kit at home that I could use. Mmmm maybe a bank holiday project. I always park in quiet places, no foot traffic, no passing cars and someone does this. I will post pictures on Friday when dent man has been.

·
Registered
81 Posts
how annoying for you
just wondering why you wouldn't claim on insurance for that kind of incident?

I think I would, I have no excess on my policy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
my excess is 250 and I've been driving less than 2 years don't want to give them any reason to increase policy. Dent man been and he has done a great job. Will post pics later. X

1 - 20 of 26 Posts