Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happened to stumble upon the Up Owner's Club purely by chance, when researching the 'Maps and More' prior to taking delivery of my new VW High UP, and I'm so pleased I did.

Although, I only wish I'd stumbled upon it a little sooner, as I guess it probably would have made my decision to opt for the High Up, over the Skoda Citigo, so much easier.

Nonetheless, I feel that I made the right decision in the end and I look forward to reading other forum members' experiences of owning a VW Up, in addition to sharing my own.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Why did you opt for the UP over the Citigo. Was it for badge snob reasons or did you get a better deal?I have not decided yet as i do not want to buy till next year,but the Citigo is cheaper than the UP,.....Elegance ASG against High UP ASG and they are the same car. For me it will depend on who gives the best discount.
I will also be looking at the Abarth500, Mini Cooper,Kia Picanto,and the new Smart which should be out next year.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Citigo is cheaper but slightly higher depreciation as well. The badge does make a difference, however even the up! is not holding its value quite as well as it was six months ago. Supply has generally caught up with demand and discounts are rife.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Despite my previous ownership history of prestige marques, I don't necessarily think that brand snobbery made me choose the Up over the Citigo, since there was very little to chose between the two, in terms of driving and handling, when taking them out on test.

Having thought long and hard over which badge to opt for, I guess my decision was made upon the difference of interior quality between the two vehicles and, to a degree, the future re-sale value of both vehicles.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had to swallow my pride when I chose a Candy White Skoda Citigo Elegance 75PS Greentech 5-door with 15" Auriga alloy wheels (and all the other available extras) over the VW up! but I just preferred the look of the Citigo to the up! I don't like the black rear hatch on the up! or the shiny dashboard or the thin, pursed lips on the front bumper of the up! Funnily enough, if I'd been in the market for a black car, I might well have gone for an up! because most of my dislikes vanish on the black version. Yes, I have to admit that I'd much rather have had the very smart VW badge on my car.
At least it's a bit more exclusive than the up! but not as elusive as the very rarely spotted Seat Mii.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts