Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking at several different cars, mainly the Mk5 gti, I decided to make a complete U-turn and get an Up!

For the past 14 months I've been driving a 62 plate Corsa Sri, which I hated since the moment I picked it up. I then decided I would run 2 cars and buy a mk1 Mx5. With this, I didn't get bored of the car, just how small it was inside.

So I decided to get rid of both, I sold the Mx5 locally, went to the local VW dealer and decided to trade in my Corsa for an up.

This happened today, I will be getting the car tomorrow around 2pm.

So as of tomorrow. This:

Will become this:

I'm just about to order some coilovers for it but I'm unsure at which ones to get.
I'm looking at the Weitec Hicon GT but I'm unsure wether these are worth the extra money over the AP Coilovers.

As for wheels, I'm either looking at the Mini Cooper S wheels or perhaps Audi TT Competition.
I've been playing around on photoshop but I'm not too sure which I want.

I'll decide at some point.

For now, I guess I should just pick up the car...

And just for the sake of it, here is my Mx5 before I sold it.

<t></t><table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><t><tr><td style="width: 23px">
</td><td style="text-align: center" valign="top">
</td></tr></t></table>

Edited by: Smyth

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have a friend who has just bought a Corsa SXi this week, so i'm curious to know what you hated about it. Also, once you've had the chance to get acquainted with your up, I'd be interested in an honest comparison review between the two cars. I know the up will fall down on the window switches and lack of boot.light.....but what else I wonder?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AlanG said:
I have a friend who has just bought a Corsa SXi this week, so i'm curious to know what you hated about it.
I think saying I hated it is abit hard. It was a good car in many ways, it was my first car so I can't really complain too much about it.

It was just the little things like it being quite heavy so was quite sluggish.

It may have also been because 50% of cars you see on the road are Corsa's.

I will miss the car truth be told, but I'm sure that will be masked by getting the up and getting it just the way I want it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Smyth. Congratulations on your new car (up) you will love it ,I no what you mean about the corsa it is a small car there wasn't much head room ,but I did think it was quite good on performance .it did what I expected but it wasn't special , I
Have had two, last one was a diesel in 205 ,one problem I had with the car was the steering Rack I had replaced twice
They say it was a common fault, but it was a nice car also was a five door I part exchange it for a freelander tdi at the time .as I was towing a caravan ,back to the up you won't be disappointed with it also is a different drive altogether it's just a fantastic car to drive and to own you will be proud to drive it no matter where you go ,enjoy hope you have many many miles of happy motoring and welcome to the forum
Phill,,

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I went to pick up my Up! today. Funny to think I first looked at it yesterday and now I have it...

Safe to say even with the small distance I've driven it, I love it.

I've had it a few hours and already I've been buying things for it.

So far I've bought Weitec coilovers, wind deflectors, Phillips silver indicator bulbs and a rear wiper glass blank. I've just now to get the wheels I want for it.

So here's my little Up! all safe and sound at home.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Congratulations!

I still have to wait one or two weeks

but my high up! has already been built (this week).

Will be "totally" different to yours. 4 doors, black, red dash, beige/salsa seats, chrome plus, back door chrome protection. The only thing I might change afterwards is an additional St. George sticker (forgot to ask my friend in Beeston Norfolk to sent me one!).
As I live in Germany, my number plate will say: "DO UP" ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts