Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm new 'round here; my name's Dan and I live in Dublin.

I'm considering ordering a new Seat Mii any day now...

It'll likely be:
<ul>[*]Seat Mii "Chic" 3 door[*]75 PS (Btw, that's only option in Ireland on both the Seat and the VW; you can get 60 PS on the more expensive Skodas though. And yes, Skoda is more expensive than Seat here.)[*]White[*]...considering getting air conditioning as an optional extra.[/list]Here's a link to my configuration.

One thing that's not available here in Ireland is the sub-100 g/km "Ecomotive" variant. (The equivalent greener VW and Skoda versions are also not available.) Has anyone got one of these? Is it worth pursuing/pestering my dealer over? I mean, I'm sure they *could* get me one -- the car will be made in the same factory as those for everywhere else.

I'm sure you'll be seeing more of me around here. :)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Theoretically, you could buy one in any EU country and import it into Eire.

But it is a bit of a hassle, and foreign dealers may be uncooperative as I have found out.Edited by: _1S_

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd considered that...

But getting finance (from the dealership) might be difficult/impossible. And the dealers here are giving 0% finance right now, which is very nice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went for exactly the configuration I linked to above: Mii 3dr 'chic', white, 75PS + air conditioning as an optional extra.

I don't know what the wait time will be just yet -- I'm supposed to hear back from the dealer in the next day or so with an estimate.

Thanks for the welcome! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts