Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no sound coming from my right hand speakers
I have sound pack and no music or nav directions are coming though on ether front or back, I have checked balence and fade setting and m&m is connected propley.
this only started yesterday
Has anyone else had this

·
Registered
727 Posts
spud said:
no music or nav directions are coming though on ether front or back, I have checked balence and fade setting and m&m is connected propley.
Did you check the balance and fade settings on both the radio and the Navigon M&M..? Both of them have settings so if you only checked the settings on the M&M thenmaybe theradiois set wrong (or visa versa).

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have checked both, when in radio mode and in maps and more mode.
Radio and cd work fine its just m&m

·
Registered
727 Posts
spud said:
I have checked both, when in radio mode and in maps and more mode.
Radio and cd work fine its just m&m

Sounds like it's time to call the dealer..

hope you get it sorted out and let us know what the problem was.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
In the first instance, remove the unit and the arm and put them back, it is most likely a loose connection if all the settings are ok.

S

·
Registered
94 Posts
Did you do something to the m&m like a software update? If music is coming from the radio/cd then there isn't a connection problem with the speakers.

Is there a return to default stating for the m&m? I'd try that first. Also I know that some Bluetooth devices can stream in mono in order to conserve bandwidth and battery. Make sure the device is using stereo output on the bluetooth.

Not having got mine yet I'm assuming that audio data from the m&m reaches the car stereo 'physically' rather than wirelessly. In that case, It would be worth checking for damage to the contact points on both the m&m and dashboard as well as the stand. Maybe a wipe with a soft cloth over the contacts will help.

From the symptoms you've described however its almost certainly a software or settings problem.

Edited by: Optimus Frag

·
Registered
22 Posts
We have exactly this same problem and ours is a connection problem. If you push hard down on the M&M stalk on the left and right hand side it sorts itself out. I think that connection is quite badly designed, it's quite a spongy connection. We are just trying to find time to get it back to the dealers, but I find car dealers are normally very defensive about audio/gadget problems as they have no real ability to fix them.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks robwoods but I have pushed down firmlyand still not helped
I have not done any upgrades
And I have pressed the reset onthe bottom of the device
Playing music from sdcard not bluetooth

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue. Turned out to be a dodgy connection from my stalk to the dashboard. I gave it an almighty push down and hey jingo, not had the issue since. The stalk is not leaving the dashboard ever again!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll try the stalk thing again, but it never leaves my dash so sould not have come loose

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Any update on this one?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got in my car this morning and it's working again, I did nothing differant might be iffy conection, if it happens again its off to the dealers

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Agree....Intermittant = Connection hassle

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Loose connection...

·
Registered
120 Posts
whassup said:
I've never removed the stalk and I'm definitely not going to remove it now!!
This needs checking. Some types of connectors don't like to be permanently connected as any moving bit stops moving. My son ruined a headphone socket that way once by keeping headphones in for a few months..

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
When I get my car, I will have a close look at how it works, as long as the spring loaded connections are in the stalk, then it doesn't matter as much. New stalk is cheap!

If the spring loaded connections are in the car, then it's not as good!

Either way, I'll look when I get it and see!

Thansk

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I never take my stalk off, just remove the m&m, especially with reports of it being hard to get back on properly! Davidw, could this possibly cause problems in the future? Actually I've never had to take off or put the stalk back on as the dealer had already done it for me

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I'll most likely keep mine on unless going somewhere really dodgy, then I'll tale off the stalk and then put the little cover on!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts