Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick one - I've ordered the up! with a sound pack and I read it contains 4 speakers. However, someone on here (I forget who or where) said the sound pack is 6 speakers (i.e. 4 speakers + the 2 standard speakers)... anyone know which it is?

Cheers

·
Registered
172 Posts
It's definitely 4+2 i.e. 6 in total when you spec the sound pack. I've checked and checked!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Do you know where they are? Are they in the top of the dash somewhere?

The standard two are presumably in the front doors and an additional two in the rear side panels.

I'd guess they aren't subs under the front seats!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bloody ****, it's gonna sound awesome! As a comparison, my current car (Smart car
) has 2 10" speakers mounted in the dashboard, one of which has blown... so just the 1 speaker! I spend at least an hour and a half driving every day to work and back and some decent sounding music would be appreciated, especially with the drive being a LOT less noisy than the Smart's 600cc engine going full pelt to reach 70MPH

Amazing!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Javawag said:
Bloody ****, it's gonna sound awesome! As a comparison, my current car (Smart car
) has 2 10" speakers mounted in the dashboard, one of which has blown... so just the 1 speaker! I spend at least an hour and a half driving every day to work and back and some decent sounding music would be appreciated, especially with the drive being a LOT less noisy than the Smart's 600cc engine going full pelt to reach 70MPH

Amazing!
And more MPG than the Smart I would guess

Looks like VW have pinched quite a few Smart owners (me included), to up! ownership as there are quite a few ex Smarties on this forum.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Definitely! Driving to work and back (30 miles each way) is half a tank of fuel in the Smart... so right now I'm paying £25 every other day to get to work and back... can't cost that much in an up! surely?!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Javawag said:
Bloody ****, it's gonna sound awesome!
It'll sound good but falls (very) short of "awesome". The big advantage is now you'll have the wiring already there if you choose to swap out the speakers to some that actually are awesome.

·
Registered
329 Posts
vwild1 said:
Javawag said:
It'll sound good but falls (very) short of "awesome". The big advantage is now you'll have the wiring already there if you choose to swap out the speakers to some that actually are awesome. 
While you should not expect a Bose system type of quality it is certainly very good and more than I was expecting in this class of car. Certainly as good as the system in my much more expensive Octavia.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've got the sound pack in my High Up with 6 speakers and the sound is very very good, I am really happy with it. You would expect this type of sound quality in a much more expensive car

·
Registered
301 Posts
vwild1 said:
Javawag said:

That's a bit pedantic!

Maybe to javawag they will sound awesome - all relative really.

I could argue that our domestic system sounds truly awesome but anything in a car sounds like a bag of nails.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah... I'm a bit of an audiophile at home but when it comes to car audio, as long as it sounds decent, it's fine
coz you'll get road noise anyways! I think it's gonna sound amazing compared to my old smart car anyways given that has 1 good speaker (which distorts when it's up loud - which it has to be due to wind noise!!) and the other speaker just rattles constantly

Also just to confirm it's definitely 6 speakers? The dealer I spoke to the other day said it was only 4?

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
my brother "tested" my speakers out yesterday ie turned bass up full and turned up as load as i would allow him and he said that they were the best factory fitted speakers he'd heard, he said the bass was on par with the sub he has in his car.

so the extra 4 ontop of the 2, if you like loud or bassy or even just clearer music then its worth it

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Brilliant. 6 speakers is pretty epic and I do like a bit of bass but not if it distorts... Sounds like I'm gonna love the sound pack then!!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
What have you stuck to the dashboard?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts