Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of experience without the sound pack, what is the sound quality like on the 2 standard VW up! speakers...?

I will be getting hold of my Move up! without sound pack in a month or so's time and as I'm moving down from a Beamer with 6 speakers I just wondered what I'm in for with the up!

Any thoughts of up! owners without the sound pack would be appreciated...

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
You should look at the thread stainless (dave) started about upgrading his speakers himself, he said without the soundpack it was tinny and not powerful enough for the higher speed

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Willowaz, that's one opinion so hoping to get a wider steer, I'm not a sound expert and don't want to pay money out if I don't need to...

Anyone else out there experienced up! sans sound pack???

·
Registered
27 Posts
We didnt order the sound pack but wish we had. Our old car was a Vauxhall Corsa with 6 speakers. In our opinion the standard 2 speaker system is poor. The speakers dont cope with bass very well at all. The fact that they point at drivers and passengers knees doesnt help either. Hoping Vw release retro fit sound pack soon.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I am quite happy with the standard two-speaker sound in the up! on the radio - haven't tried it with cd, iPad etc yet, but find it perfectly acceptable.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I haven't heard the 2 speaker or the 6 speaker setup but love music so much the sound pack was a must for me. £100 seemed reasonable - hope the sound is good quality. Edited by: R1ch

·
Registered
619 Posts
I had misgivings about the two speaker setup after reading comments elsewhere on the forum but, now that I have the car, the sound quality is really good. Admittedly, I'm no audio expert but for those listening to the radio or the odd CD, two speakers are fine.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Violet and Jimmy's comments are helpful & I thank them as well.
To be honest, I think that for anyone that has time to order the sound pack, it is worth going down to the dealer to listen to the speakers and see what they think, everyone has different requirements.

For others (like me) where it is too late, the answer is relax and wait and see, whilst it is irritating that VW have not put the speaker cables in, it is nothing that time (or money) can't rectify !!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
*** update***

thank you all for your helpful comments, I bit the bullet and coughed up another £100 for the sound pack. I was going to purchase the premium mats at £55, but felt I'd be happier coping with non VW mats brought online and instead using the money for the sound pack .

Just hope the see sound pack proves worth it; the rationale is it will mask the 3 cylinder throom!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Coughed up another ton and added the sound pack to my order. Primarily to sate the modding proclivity of my 17yr old son. There you go son, already upgraded the hi fi

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
well done both of you for ordering the pack, I dont think youll be disappointed!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts