Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone - new person alert.....We have bought a space saver off Ebay & am confused.com.... VW say they never made a space saver, so does anyone know the dimensions needed
Standard wheel is 165/?/14 & the space saver provided is a 14" rim, but looks rediculously small.
I understand it is literally just to use to get you home, but surely would need to fit the car safely. At the moment it looks like if you fit it then the car will be completely of balance in that corner
Any help/guidance appreciated

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
VW are correct in saying that they have never provided a space saver spare. The different Up! Models come with different size wheels. The spare provided is the same specification as the Take Up but is smaller than those provided with other models. This means if you have a spare provided by VW and have a model other than a take up you will need to limit the speed and distance you travel with it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The one I ordered with my Move Up! was supplied in the same size but different brand of tyre. It is also marked as limited to 50 mph. Not sure of the logic or reason for the speed restriction.

Nick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts