Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I read a post, which I now can't find, that suggested that a 14" space saver would be ok for 15" or 16" shod cars. Can anyone confirm this please?
Thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
I looked into getting a spacesaver for our Mii, but ended up buying a brand new full size 14" steel wheel from VW for £41.65 then got a new tyre fitted. The polystyrene 'toolbox' was £6.98, the wheel brace was £16.06, the jack was £29.59 and the strap was £6.06. All from a VW dealership. All above prices included vat.

·
Super Moderator
1,045 Posts
My Up! has the Triangle 16'' alloys and a 14'' spare wheel, as the spareis only meant to get youto a tyre fitter/ vw garage as a temporary measure.Vw part numbers are as follows:

Steel Rim 5Jx14 - 1S0 601 027 G 03C - £41.95 inc vat

Jack - 1S0 011 031 - £29.59 inc vat

Wheel Brace - 4D0 012 219 A - £16.06 inc vat

Toolbox - 1S0 012 115 E - £6.98 inc vat

Bolt to hold the wheel in place - 6Q0 803 899 A - £8.50 inc vat

Strap to hold the toolbox steady - 6H0 867 749 - £6.49 inc vat

I think my tyre on the spare is a 175/65r14, these will retail somewhere in the £35-50 are depending on what make you go for.

·
Registered
252 Posts
My Mii on 15" alloys has a 14" temporary spare. However, if you've not yet ordered the car, it is much cheaper to get as a factory order. On the Seat it is only around £50 so much cheaper than the parts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks but it's for my daughter who has bought herself a lovely used High Up. I just can't get my head around not having a spare

·
Registered
4 Posts
After suffering a puncture a few days ago in my Audi A2, equipped with no spare and merely a can of gunk plus an electric pump, I decided that my spouse's Seat Mii should have a real spare wheel.

I searched around today and the RRP for the Seat/Skoda spare wheel kit is approx £160 incl VAT. Glasgow Seathttp://www.firstforseatcars.com/after-sales/parts-accessories/are offering the unit at £130, which includesdelivery.Given the hassle and delay of buying bits all over the place to try to save money; I jumped at this. :)

Admittedly the tyre fitted will be a budget offering, but we do not plan doing much motoring with three alloy wheels and one steel.(I will know more on Tuesday 28-Oct-20914 when it is due to be delivered by UPS)

Andrew

Edited by: ennio

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ennio, I found the SEAT quote dearer than vw, even though the items are the exact same ones, so I bought all my bits from vw. The jack even has the Audi 'rings' on it. My wife's SEAT Mii doesn't know if it's a SEAT, a vw or an Audi now! But like you, I didn't want a can of gunk in an emergency. I had a brand new Continental fitted. It may never get used but it was only a couple of quid more than a budget.

·
Registered
149 Posts
By the way, Andrew, welcome to the forum. Lots of useful information on the Mii, Citigo, up! triplets. And some helpful people out there. They'll be along soon.

Tim.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi we have beats up with 15 inch wheel can buy 14 space saver for spare both have 4 stud
Will it fit to get wife out of trouble ask marshals Harlow told me phone aa no help

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hi Rayted
I have a Beats UP! 14' wheel is fine, standard fit steel wheel from VW for entry model UP!, buy from Marshall's. 70 profile tyre restores rolling diameter to match your current 15'' wheel and 55 profile tyre. These are FULL SIZE wheels, I use for winter tyres, not sure about space savers. I removed the Amp in the boot to allow a full size spare, easy enough to do. Full size are much safer IMHO
Also check with your insurer is planning not to use VW supplied full size wheel (supplied OEM for UP!)

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Rayted
I have a Beats UP! 14' wheel is fine, standard fit steel wheel from VW for entry model UP!, buy from Marshall's. 70 profile tyre restores rolling diameter to match your current 15'' wheel and 55 profile tyre. These are FULL SIZE wheels, I use for winter tyres, not sure about space savers. I removed the Amp in the boot to allow a full size spare, easy enough to do. Full size are much safer IMHO
Also check with your insurer is planning not to use VW supplied full size wheel (supplied OEM for UP!)
Ma

·
Registered
569 Posts
We have a full size VW UP! 16" alloy wheel and tyre in the boot space in our Beats, with the amp now up in out loft. Wheel fits perfectly, and no noticeable loss of sound to the Beats system. Also had one in my Mii with the Beats system.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hi Wellfan
Mine is in the loft also 😁 14'' steels are for winter tyres and the standard 15'' alloys for summer, either fit under the floor in the boot, no problem (before and after)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Whilst your doing this throw a bit of old carpet underlay or closed cell foam in the spare wheel well and on the boot floor to improve sound deadening.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts