Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a High Up!yesterday at a car supermarket and was surprised to find it had no spare wheel and no tools. It was first registered in June 2013 and I had assumed that as the current Ups are supplied with a spare wheel and tools this one would have them. Can anyone advise me on the best place to obtain a spare wheel and tools? Do I have to resort to the local main dealer? I am based in Watford. Any advice would be useful.

·
Registered
309 Posts
There's a few on ebay complete with jack/tools.

Do you have the VW Inflation kit (electric pump & tube of sealant) in the boot or do you have nothing?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice about Ebay. I saw spare wheel plus tyre plus jack on Ebay for £144.00. Is that about the right price to pay?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Trufflesup said:
Thanks for the advice about Ebay. I saw spare wheel plus tyre plus jack on Ebay for £144.00. Is that about the right price to pay?
You can do it cheaper...

Wheel from VW £26
Tyre from local tyre place £45
Jack from VW £24

So £95 did it...

I can hopefully sell on the tyreweld/ compressor kit.

I had a wheelbrace that fits...

So

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've seen them on ebay for less than 100 recently, 144 seems steep!

·
Registered
13 Posts
thirteen-o-two

Phoned the Aberdeen dealer last week to by four steel wheels for a take UP at £26 each as a number of forum members have stated. The say the prices is circa £56 each with VAT could be a pound or so out.

Where did you buy VW wheels at that price was it from a VW dealer maybe they were off another car and not ordered from VW spares network.

eddie

·
Registered
251 Posts
Why is this thread in the Events section? To be fair, I think there are too many sections on this forum. It gets very confusing...

·
Registered
99 Posts
should your moaning be in this section?????????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts