Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the Up! wheel and toolkit is the same as other VWs? Only, my Citigo is already built and hasnt got one, and dealer wants £150 for the kit as a part, it is a full sized wheel.

·
Registered
532 Posts
It's either or. I've a spare wheel, but no puncture repair kit.

Clearly the vw spare specification will depend on the vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Love the first few days of driving my new Move UP but a little annoyed to find the spare wheel space filled by a pump and some gunk.
I have heard that the main tyre centres will not touch any wheels/tyres inthis way - something on BBC Watchdog.

I would prefer a good old fashioned wheel and jack.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Me too, if I cant find anything Ill stump up the £150.... the kits just never work and ruin your tyre too.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Even a new rim and a cheap tyre would be cheaper than vw. Does the car not come with a jack and wrench?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, not a jack or anything. Id have specced it but mine wasnt a personal order, just grabbed one thats just been built!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
You don't get a base model car so cheap by cramming it with standard issue unfortunately.
They're pretty bare in standard form!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Ok, spare is always a 14" steel, doesn't matter what you spec for alloys.

My advice, get a rim/tyre and buy a jack from eBay

If you can collect, I have a spare rim going cheap

·
Registered
315 Posts
If anybody is thinking of buying a new up! then I suggest ordering the proper spare wheel with it. I did and it cost £50 and included a tool kit to go with it. If you order it later it will cost you a lot more.

Just thought I would bump this up to the top of the forum for prospective newbies.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yes, I was dissapointed that although I chose not to have a spare wheel, the salesman didn't tell me that you don't then get a jack. Have bought a wheel off ebay and will pick up a jack from the local scrapyard.It will still be cheaper than the £50 vw wanted.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ordered a set of steel wheels and winter tires which automatically gave me a spare - 4 actually. Then I ordered a jack kit for £57 which included the proper jack and tools to go with it plus the polystyrene moulding that fits inside the spare wheel to stow all of the kit. Quite a neat arrangement plus I still have the puncture repair kit and the compressor which will always come in handy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I also don't have a spare wheel. Just one of those silly repair kits. Simply dreading having a puncture. I'd like to know how much boot space is lost by installing a space saver spare. Boot space is really important to my wife who uses it for weekly shopping. Thoughts?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Mii_boy said:
I also don't have a spare wheel. Just one of those silly repair kits. Simply dreading having a puncture. I'd like to know how much boot space is lost by installing a space saver spare. Boot space is really important to my wife who uses it for weekly shopping. Thoughts?
You can tell exactly how much space will be lost - the spare will snugly fit in the spare wheel well along with the jack and tools. You are still left with all the space between the well and the false floor.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a full size spare with the tools and polystyrene holder in the wheel so all of the space in the well is taken up. The space left above the floor is more than adequate for me for quite a good shop.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hi can someone tell me if my 16' Triangle Black Alloy wheel with 185/50/16 will fit in my boot were the spare wheel goes

1 - 20 of 31 Posts