Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just been looking at the configurator and can see that the steel spare wheel is now listed as standard instead of being £50. (At least on the High Up) About time! Folding front seat option is also available on 5 door models.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I've spent a wee bit of time on the configurator trying to get close to my up white spec....to configure it now seems about £2000 more than I paid.....are VW profiteering a wee bit due to the popularity of the up! ???????

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
Privatedoc said:
I've spent a wee bit of time on the configurator trying to get close to my up white spec....to configure it now seems about £2000 more than I paid.....are VW profiteering a wee bit due to the popularity of the up! ???????

Configuring a car vs special edition is never going to be a fair comparison.

That's way they are 'special editions'. ;)

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
£900 for pure white or oryx white paint........they are having a laff!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Privatedoc said:
VW have discovered that there is a significant minority of people who have plenty of cash and will pay whatever the price is. They will always have one free paint for those that are budget conscious which is balanced against silly prices which some will happily pay.

·
Registered
176 Posts
AlanG said:
Privatedoc said:
VW have discovered that there is a significant minority of people who have plenty of cash and will pay whatever the price is. They will always have one free paint for those that are budget conscious which is balanced against silly prices which some will happily pay.

£475.00 for metallic paint -- they're still having a larf!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Oryx white is a pearlescent white, rather than just a whiter white (pure white) but £900 is ridiculous on such a small car.

At that price it is likely to be rather exclusive - perhaps that's why VW are charging £900?

·
Registered
705 Posts
And would anyone notice in the real world? With all those people who still think that I drive around in a white car, I don't think they would.

Nick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts