Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked the Move Up today. My wife wanted a dark silver one with beige dash, and there was one available at the factory with alloys and Maps and More, so only took about 3 weeks to come. We also wanted a spare wheel and the dealer said they would organise that themselves.

The car does indeed have a spare wheel, jack, towing eye, wheel wrench, locking wheel nut etc in the boot but there is no packing within the wheel to hold these items. Also, there is no bolt to secure the spare wheel to the floor. Sounds like they have ordered a wheel but not the other stuff that goes with it.

Can anyone tell me what I should get with the spare wheel as regards "packing" for the other items and if there should be a hand tighten bolt to secure it to the floor. I suspect there should be as the thread is there for it in the boot floor. At the moment all the bits and bobs are just wedged in between the tyre and the boot floor to stop them rattling around.

First job for it within 100 yards of the dealership was to load the boot with 3 bags of wheat (duck food) which fitted in without problem! First impressions are looking good!

Thanks, Don...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just a bump of my original post, no one got their spare wheel fitted from the factory then?

I'll mention that looks as though bits missing next time I'm in garage. Got to pick mats up when they arrive, sems mats with Up logo are on backorder

·
Registered
523 Posts
It's like a grey foam insert which sits in the wheel. It also has a strap that holds it altogether.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Here's mine:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! As they say, a picture is worth 1000 words!
I've been onto the dealership and they are going to order the missing bits so should then be rattle free!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did not know the order of the wheel included tools so I did not order one. Ordering after buying costs around £120! I was upset the wheel nuts are different to what I call a standard 14" wheel so I have ordered a multi socket wheel brace (£16). The foam tool carrier is different to the one in the photograph it's rectangular now 2014. It's so petty they do not include the spare wheel retaining bolt, its a safety item. Why don't dealers know more? So far lack of dealer knowledge includes: not knowing about electric car on day it was launched, not knowing tools only come with a spare wheel, not knowing free years insurance is only for models above the basic UP. I'm now phoning the roadside assistance service to see if they have got that right! Then I can cancel my AA for one year. They use the RAC.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I bought a length of threaded rod and a nut and fashioned a hold down out of some steel. Im off to check I didnt forget to put a spanner in there... ;)

I bought the spare wheel, a tyre and jack separwtely for about £85. The inflatable fix it kit is in the loft unused - evidentally they are £50 to replace once used.!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I appreciate comments from others. Something I will do for the wheel retainer is check a scrap yard they sort everything ready. I will just ask if they have one at the desk. I would ask for a car jack as well but I already have one. I'm buying a long handled wheel wrench with multiple sockets. My single socket one is too large.

·
Super Moderator
1,051 Posts
I guess I'm quite lucky as mine has a spare wheel from the factory! Part numbers as follows:

Steel Rim - 1S0 601 027 G 03C - £41.65 inc vat

Foam insert for tools - 1S0 012 115 E - £6.98 inc vat

Retaining Bolt - 6Q0 803 899 A - £8.35 inc vat

Retaining Strap (to hold foam into wheel) - 6H0 867 749 - £6.06 inc vat

Jack - 1S0 011 031 - £29.59 inc vat

Wrench - 4D0 012 219 A - £16.06 inc vat

Screwdriver - 6R0 012 255 - £3.28 inc vat

Centre cap tool - 6X0 012 243 - £0.55p inc vat

I think mine is fitted with a 165/70 r14 tyre, so budget around £40-£50ish for one of these.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I contacted head office in February 2014 as dealers could not find the part number of the steel spare wheel fastener on their computer screens . They should have it now as I was given a part number and ordered it. It is not much for £8. It should be OK without it. I had to order a wheel as the spare I already had for a Rover seemed the same spacing but the centre hole wws about 2 millimetre small. In emergency I could have filed it to fit. The foam tool holder becomes useless when you put a spare in, just pack any tools with rags.

·
Registered
333 Posts
On reading your post ,I find it quite annoying that you don't get the full kit ,as not required by law ,and they say more mpg as less weight ,it's like opening a can of worms ,so if you complain you might get the full kit ,but most people don't ,so then you have a very happy dealer ,so in all they win both ways ,,
phill

·
Registered
149 Posts
RobertEsquire said:
The foam tool holder becomes useless when you put a spare in, just pack any tools with rags. 
I bought a full size steel wheel and all the paraphernalia from VW which is exactly the same wheel as the 4 on my Mii, but I only have wheel trims with steel wheels. So in the event of a puncture, the old wheel will fit in the recess and the foam toolbox will fit in the upturned wheel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts