Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting confused (which is quite normal for me!!).
Ive got a High Up on order and read the spec which seems to indicate that a spare wheel is included. However, just been talking to a friend who has a High Up and he has not got a spare.
Re-reading the spec, it says that the Move Up has a spare (over the Take Up) but the Move up has steel wheels. The High up has alloys (over the Move Up but no mention of a spare. Would not expect an alloy spare so is this why the High Up does not seem to come with a spare, if so, its a bit sneaky. Will ring the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The spare wheel used to be a paid-for extra on all models, so I think that's why your friend's up doesn't have one. Yours should do, but I'd assume it'd be a space saver rather then a alloy one.Edited by: skyhigh

·
Registered
77 Posts
The brochure clearly states that the Move up! has a full sized steel spare wheel as standard. The High up! has all the standard equipment of the Move up! (plus some extras).

So your High up! will have a full sized steel spare wheel.

(My High up! does, by the way.)

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
My understanding is that it is a "full size" spare wheel but 14". The high up comes with 15" wheels and therefore if the spare wheel is used the advice is to drive as if you are using a get you home wheel. That is about 50mph and approximately no further than 100 miles. Edited by: Beevee

·
Registered
251 Posts
Here in France, all Ups come with a repair kit only, unless you stump up ‚¬50 for a proper spare.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My High Up! has 15 inch alloy wheels. I wanted a spare wheel. This is a 14 inch steel wheel. At first the dealer charged £50 for this, but when I queried this the £50 was refunded.
There are limitations on the speed and distance that can be driven on this wheel.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update!
Just spoken to my dealer who confirmed that my car will have a spare wheel. Apparently it's because mine will be a 2014 build. Hope I get it before 2014!!!!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
tonyup said:
Update!
Just spoken to my dealer who confirmed that my car will have a spare wheel. Apparently it's because mine will be a 2014 build. Hope I get it before 2014!!!!
I think you will find that the spare wheel is a full size spare but will not be the same size as the wheels on your up. In which case you will need to treat it as a get you home wheel.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes thanks. Understand that. Just like my present car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts