Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a move up on order. Have been looking around and I am wondering whether I should get the speaker pack put on. Is it worth it for £100. It is of course all dependant on whether my car has been built yet.

Any advice on whether to order would be great!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Lots of people on here have it, and think that it is worth the extra.

My view is that it is probably worth it if you will listen to music from the maps and more unit or from a CD. The sound quality from the radio seems to be a little rubbish listening to what others say and therefore won't be much improved with the extra speakers.

Hope this helps!
Edited by: skyhigh

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, just emailed the dealer too see if it is possible to add it. I already have maps and more specked so I will probably be going using bluetooth audio all the time.

·
Registered
397 Posts
gibsonc said:
..... I am wondering whether I should get the speaker pack put on. Is it worth it for £100. ....Any advice on whether to order would be great!
I didn't order the extra speakers so I wondered what the sound would be like, from the comments others have made.
Well, I'm amazed! As soon as I had the car I tuned in to Classic FM (not noted for the best reception) and the reproduction of the piano concerto (with the car on the move),was pretty good.. Either VW have improved the standard package ... or, speaking as a classical organist myself, I'm at a loss to know what others find so unsatisfactory.

Edited by: PeterWestSussex

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PeterWestSussex said:
gibsonc said:
..... I am wondering whether I should get the speaker pack put on. Is it worth it for £100. ....Any advice on whether to order would be great!
I didn't order the extra speakers so I wondered what the sound would be like, from the comments others have made.
Well, I'm amazed! As soon as I had the car I tuned in to Classic FM (not noted for the best reception) and the reproduction of the piano concerto (with the car on the move),was pretty good.. Either VW have improved the standard package ... or, speaking as a classical organist myself, I'm at a loss to know what others find so unsatisfactory.

Yea I have wondered whether that might be the case, I haven't really properly listened to the speakers so I thought that it may be better to add the speakers if possible and save the hassle of installing aftermarket ones if they were less than satisfactory.

I never found the speakers in my sisters old Fox to be particularly bad and I assume that only had two. Her current Polo has six and I find the audio to be ok although not exceptional on second thoughts.

·
Registered
587 Posts
The issues is that the standard package is just two full range speakers and any treble is absorbed with the speakers being so low down. At £100 most certainly worth the money, I change mine myself and was not theeasiestof jobs, but well worth it as the standard speakers, whilst not being that bad were not that great either. The sound is dull and a bit thin and seems muted with certain types of music.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi all. I would definitely go for the extra speakers if I were you! I wish I could have had them in mine. Don't forget though, that the High Up! now comes with the 6 speakers as standard now, but it is still an option on the Move Up! and Take Up!
£100 pounds is a bargain for this, trust me!
Sound wise, I've found that the 2 speakers that I have in mine sound muted and flat. They lack decent bass and the treble isn't crisp enough. The mid range is ok, but the separate tweeters will certainly help with treble, and the extra rear speakers should improved the bass and sound field throughout the car. I've found that there is a "hole" in the sound field directly behind me, with only the 2 speakers.
For what I would call "decent" bass you will want a sub of some sort, but that is only my opinion, as I am a bass junkie though.
I hope this helps.

Matt

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have the speaker pack and I think it's well worth it, not least because you get the wiring and so can upgrade your speakers easily.The tweeters make the biggest difference I think. You do need to use the bass and treble controls on the radio to get the best sound for different types of music

·
Registered
397 Posts
M4796P said:
Don't forget though, that the High Up! now comes with the 6 speakers as standard now, but it is still an option on the Move Up! and Take Up! Matt
That's a revelation! When did that change?
Right now (12 May 2013) on the VW UK website the up! brochure (which is dated Sept 2012) shows the 6-speakers as an option on the HIGH up!, but the Price List (dated 1 May 2013) indeed shows them as standard.
My dealer told me the Model Year changes on 1 October, so when did the High up! get the extra speakers? from 1 October 2012?
My High up! was built Week 50 (10 Dec 2012) but having checked the car with the speakers sounding, there is no sound from the rear doors - only from the front doors.

Edited by: PeterWestSussex

·
Registered
393 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
the dic speakers are worth it must for the wiring alone, of you order without you don't get the wiring making adding aftermarket speakers a kit more difficult...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sadly (well I'm super excited) the car is now in transit so the speakers can't be added.

We will see how bad (or good) the stock ones are. It may be a nice summer job!

·
Registered
12 Posts
my high up will arrive in two months.
at the time of purchase i pad the £100 for the extra speakers
ordered about a month ago ....

So should i expect 4 or 6 speakers ?...
never know i might get eight !

enjoying all the heplful tips on the forum

·
Registered
113 Posts
Even though I 99% of the time listen to podcasts, I am glad for the extra speakers...

I think they are standard in the Danish version of the Move UP.
Either that or they came with the DK pakke which is winter + Maps and More... I can't remember :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
the only way is said:
 my high up  will arrive in two months.
at the time of purchase i pad the £100 for the extra speakers
ordered about a month ago ....

So should i expect 4 or 6 speakers ?...
never know i might get eight !

enjoying all the heplful tips on the forum
As far as I know, you should expect 4 speakers.Edited by: skyhigh

·
Registered
393 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
The brochure I've got here says the sound pack includes 4 additional speakers (so 6 in total).

·
Registered
226 Posts
bcc said:
The brochure I've got here says the sound pack includes 4 additional speakers (so 6 in total).
That's what confused me. The brochure says an extra four while the website says four in total.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts